• Becoming a member is completely free!

• Join the community and start contributing to a large source of sea angling information.
    • Become an active member and you can enter member exclusive competitions.

REGISTER FOR FREE HERE

South Coast 17th oct, chesil

geejayy

Reaction score
Favourite Fishing
Shore
trip 13 was never gonna be good. 17.10.21

chesil , ferry bridge carpark . 20.30-1300
low tide was for about 11pm wind was brisk southerly and due to get stronger followed by rain, big 3/4 moon overhead.

baits.- prawn /black/squid/ launce.

rigs;- pulley./ upnover pulley. / dropdown rig.

i crested the bank into the wind and was assaulted b a strong smell of fish. i put it down to my floaty & took no more notice.

pitched bivvy, ( could still smell fish ). it was dark and the tide was dropping away water looked to be choppy with about a meter swell. for me chesil has been slow all year and this was ne different. usual suspects, pout n eels to low water and more of same on flood.

went for a quick beach scavange and found one or two old mackerel frames and a fair scatter of old spratts mixed into the shingle . no interesting fish showing an interest , dozed in bivvy from time to time.

as the tide topped out and the swell got bigger i started getting what i thought was weed jamming on the leader knot , just a little ,like those bloody gorilla pubes in the solent. closer inspection found it to be the remains of spratt spines, must have been millions out there .DSCF3176[1] by gordon underwood, on Flickr

daw broke , and a hoard of gulls were working the surf line relentlessly, prudently shifted bivvy fuurther up bank . some time later with the tide out gain i'd had enough brought a rod in to dismantle but the rain started so it got a rebait and another chuck while i sheltered from the rain, noted a bite and pulled out a solitary black bream, could find no more so when the rain eased i left. DSCF3180[1] by gordon underwood, on Flickr DSCF3179[1] by gordon underwood, on Flickr

Unlucky on the fish front. I’ve not put much time into chesil this year but have been told its hit & miss.
Better luck next mate.

Good effort and no blank so I'd take that. Good report.

Rather have a bream than most blank savers nice one bud ?

Unlucky on not much coming out for the effort and hours put in.

Back