• Becoming a member is completely free!

• Join the community and start contributing to a large source of sea angling information.
    • Become an active member and you can enter member exclusive competitions.

REGISTER FOR FREE HERE

South Coast ....

Cheers mate - I hope people take the time to read it, I think it's important as a message.

I hope so as well mate. There is a massive stigma around men and M/H issue’s, which needs changing/addressing.
The whole “man up” thing really gets me! The bigger man is the one that talks or get help.
This article is very very good, anyone reading my response who has not read it……. READ IT.

I hope so as well mate. There is a massive stigma around men and M/H issue’s, which needs changing/addressing.
The whole “man up” thing really gets me! The bigger man is the one that talks or get help.
This article is very very good, anyone reading my response who has not read it……. READ IT.
I have a female friend who works in mental health and we have a back and forth on this. I think I can see all the reasons why we have a mental health epidemic, most are in the article but, I think social scientists play a part too.

thanks chris, thoughts i have often pondered in part but could never voice so eloquently.
life styles have changed enormously , especially in the developed world, this past 500 years or so.
evolution is slow to catch up, it seems we are still 'hard wired as hunter gatherers despite 10,000 years of farming.

This basically sums up the last 5 years of my life, as you probably know... I feel like I have gone through it all, but now find myself in a great place.
The changing point for me was removing myself from Facebook and WSF, as it gave me time to think without distractions, and remember why I started going fishing in the first place; to be free and at one with nature.
Thankyou for putting this in to words, I am sure a lot of people on here can relate.

It took a while but, I think it might be too long for most people to want to read. I think it makes sense of us, and tells us how we can move forward.

Cheers
It did take a bit of getting through, BUT, a very well written, informative, and in some parts inspiring post. Many thanks Chris. ??

Thoughtful and interesting Chris. Many thanks for the effort in posting.(y)(y)

thanks chris, thoughts i have often pondered in part but could never voice so eloquently.
life styles have changed enormously , especially in the developed world, this past 500 years or so.
evolution is slow to catch up, it seems we are still 'hard wired as hunter gatherers despite 10,000 years of farming.
For sure, these habits don't disappear in a blink, they are very hard wired. Thank you for the kind words.

This basically sums up the last 5 years of my life, as you probably know... I feel like I have gone through it all, but now find myself in a great place.
The changing point for me was removing myself from Facebook and WSF, as it gave me time to think without distractions, and remember why I started going fishing in the first place; to be free and at one with nature.
Thankyou for putting this in to words, I am sure a lot of people on here can relate.

Great to hear that Dave, lots of others have said the same to me. We need this fishing or outdoor release to regulate us, I think it's so important. Thanks

Hi Chris,

Wow, this was so informative and so true. I hope that people get to read and share this.

Coming from africa, and living in the Bush, practice falconry, sailing and fishing, was amazing, since being here in the uk, it's a very hard way of life, with time spent working more than getting these chemical releases, or vitamin D.

The words of encouragement to help our own mental health and others is so true, let all of us carry your words forward. And help others

Tight lines and best wishes Chris's

Back