• Becoming a member is completely free!

• Join the community and start contributing to a large source of sea angling information.
    • Become an active member and you can enter member exclusive competitions.

REGISTER FOR FREE HERE

South East 4 hours .2 fresh 2 salt.

Had1

Reaction score
Favourite Fishing
Shore
Lovely cool evening air last night after some rain.
Tide quite late about 1am , was after reading a report from action man and his hound while bass fishing at a very shallow venue ,only 5 mins from my door I was tempted to use a few frozen crab and see if any still about!

I went around a mile from where we usually go action man , didn't jump on that exact bit lol

I knew I could of gone elsewhere and had a better chance of size and numbers but as its my closest to home spot I wanted a hound from there. Had rays bass codling and all other usuals in the 4 feet of water lol
Anyway it coincided with my usual sea fishing buddy's foot just recovering so he could go for the 1st time in a couple weeks .
Being 1am tide and no water until about 11ish I didn't fancy clock watching getting tired all evening so thought why not bring a tench rod and do dusk in the streams nearby.
Lovely couple of hours blanking there in peace with the swans etc .
Then over to the beach and it was slow for 45 minutes no bites, was starting to think it wasn't going to happen. The baits stayed out well though with no weed which is a great change for here as can be impossible.
Left a bait out for over half an hour probably while just chatting away and bloody clutch starts Zzzzzzzing away , struck into a hound and a brief fight a fish of about 4lbs comes in, the photo you can't see anything but a blur lol
Then mates rod goes he has one about the same size if not 5 or 6lbs happy days, success.
Next casts were a series of missed bites and 2 x little pups for me which gave massive bites one even took line. Then it went quiet they left.
Brilliant bit of fun .

20220627_211824.jpg20220628_014401.jpg20220628_014346.jpg
20220627_205325.jpg

Nice report & photos - well done! ????
Nice to see the Slow Worm too - I love 'em! We used to have lots in our garden but think the local Cats have had most of them. Did find one lurking under the lid of the compost bin recently.

Back