• Becoming a member is completely free!

• Join the community and start contributing to a large source of sea angling information.
    • Become an active member and you can enter member exclusive competitions.

REGISTER FOR FREE HERE

South Coast 9.9.21 chesil.

geejayy

Reaction score
Favourite Fishing
Shore
9.9.21. chesil.cogden.

2000-07 i'd guess.
hight tide seemed to be about 2100, i felt sure it was for midnight for some reason.

lack of incentive recently with these damned n/e winds, but found that wind has swung s/w. & there's a bit of movement on the water again.
with a pack of sandeel, three wraps of black & the three mackerel i caught last time out plan was to hit portland end for whatever is out there.

plans changed when the roadcrews shut the a37 south of yeovil. so went to the shallow end instead. arived to find a few in the carpark and a few bivvys lined along the shore . most were to the right so i went left. about 100yds left of concrete path, thought i was on the end of the line but found there were others well left of me.

spring tide , light wind in my face , which kicked up a bit of movement but surf was only about 1.5m at most on the ebb. no weed and easy to manage.
rigs were pulleys and a clipped down scratching rig. light was going water looked to be a bit coloured. did the first cast doggy thing , but bites were sporadic all night.

swopped the pulley for a bigger pulley & dropped a mackerel head n guts out about 40yds i'd guess. then some time later caught a pouting on the scratchy rig. put he pout on the pulley and back out . tide def ebbing now with bigger swells breaching the shallow ridge that the tide had pushed up.

i looked up to notice that the pulley rod had pulled over and was nodding quite vigorously scrambleing out of the bivvy to join the fight, after a wee tussle had a chunky lump of silver on the beach, no trophy shot holding it, just bagged ,weighed and returned, went 6.5 lb in the bag.

*20210909_231654 by gordon underwood, on Flickr

rebaited and settled back for more action , which was not forthcoming. managed another 4 doggies at the bottom of the ebb and a smaller bass , maybee 2lb, on the early flood

20210910_041718 by gordon underwood, on Flickr

Nice Bass. Good session mate. (y)

Ian.

Nicely done, a change of plans and tactics worked well for you

Back