• Becoming a member is completely free!

• Join the community and start contributing to a large source of sea angling information.
    • Become an active member and you can enter member exclusive competitions.

REGISTER FOR FREE HERE

A Couple More Spring Time Sessions

Devon Lerfer

Reaction score
Favourite Fishing
Lure
I've managed to squeeze in a couple more sessions over the last week or 2 and although fishing has been very slow at times, there's been enough about to keep things interesting.

Im a big fan of dropping lures in between boulders to see what I can find on the LRF gear and Haldon Pier in Torquay is particularly good for this sort of fishing. Along with some nice corkwing caught down the side of the pier, I had a mixture of small ballans, pout, tompots, shannies and goldsinny from between the gaps in the boulders on bits of isome fished on dropshot or flex head rigs. Loving the vibrant spring time colours that some of the wrasse are throwing at the moment!
FB_IMG_1618433670503.jpgFB_IMG_1618433672768.jpgFB_IMG_1618433674836.jpgFB_IMG_1618433676745.jpgFB_IMG_1618433678765.jpg

My most recent session was down at Exmouth where I struggled to tease out a few wrasse for a few hours before the pollock switched on a provided a couple of hours entertainment. They were only fun sized fish but went well on the LRF gear. One of the corkwing I caught earlier in the day was another really nicely marked fish.
FB_IMG_1619040509288.jpgFB_IMG_1619040511717.jpgFB_IMG_1619040515855.jpgFB_IMG_1619040518082.jpgFB_IMG_1619040520095.jpg
Will hopefully get out for a couple more sessions this week. Tight lines all ?

Cracking pics mate. I can't wait to get out myself. For some strange reason I don't do well with isome, berkley gulp fish fry 1inch size in pink gets interest in between rocks for me.

I've managed to squeeze in a couple more sessions over the last week or 2 and although fishing has been very slow at times, there's been enough about to keep things interesting.

Im a big fan of dropping lures in between boulders to see what I can find on the LRF gear and Haldon Pier in Torquay is particularly good for this sort of fishing. Along with some nice corkwing caught down the side of the pier, I had a mixture of small ballans, pout, tompots, shannies and goldsinny from between the gaps in the boulders on bits of isome fished on dropshot or flex head rigs. Loving the vibrant spring time colours that some of the wrasse are throwing at the moment!
View attachment 8726View attachment 8727View attachment 8728View attachment 8729View attachment 8730

My most recent session was down at Exmouth where I struggled to tease out a few wrasse for a few hours before the pollock switched on a provided a couple of hours entertainment. They were only fun sized fish but went well on the LRF gear. One of the corkwing I caught earlier in the day was another really nicely marked fish.
View attachment 8733View attachment 8734View attachment 8735View attachment 8736View attachment 8737
Will hopefully get out for a couple more sessions this week. Tight lines all ?
Well done rich great pictures mate

Cracking pics mate. I can't wait to get out myself. For some strange reason I don't do well with isome, berkley gulp fish fry 1inch size in pink gets interest in between rocks for me.
Thanks mate. I'm the opposite, have lots of confidence in isome but don't do so well on the fish fry, although some LRFing mates do really well on them! Probably as much a confidence thing I guess!
Stunning pics how big do the wrasse get down exmouth ?
Thanks mate, I netted one over 4lb for a guy fishing there with ragworm the other day and a friend of mine has had them to over 6lb on peeler crab. My PB (until recently) also came from there, so plenty of good sized fish to be had from there. They tend to get a bit of a hammering there in the summer so tends to be more productive early and later in the year ?
Well done rich great pictures mate
Cheers John ?
What a great post. Stunning pictures certainly show off the diverse fish and colours we have in our seas.(y) Thanks for sharing .
Thanks mate, we really do have some stunning fishing swimming around our shores ?

Back