• Becoming a member is completely free!

• Join the community and start contributing to a large source of sea angling information.
    • Become an active member and you can enter member exclusive competitions.

REGISTER FOR FREE HERE

Highlands A short trip..

flappy

Reaction score
..decided after a morning of stripping carpets from the upstairs landing because of an infestation of carpet moths that I would rather like to be at the seaside.
I couldn't be bothered to take bait..just took some metal lures..finish minnows and some sabikis for a quick session on a local harbour.
I was all set to arrive about an hour before high tide..but the travel gods soon made a mess of that...the bridge over my local salmon river was shut for works..so I had to do a thirty mile diversion.
I was rather cross by then..at which point I met a knobhead. He was driving at 20mph along the lanes..and braked at every corner..so I flashed my lights at him to pull over into one of many laybys. He then braked and I nearly ran into him...that annoyed me some more..so I tailgated him...he then braked every time I got within two car lengths...he basically stopped in the road..several Incidents later he started to video me with his phone out of the window while he was driving...he then stopped in the road and I got out of the car..at which point he drove off.
After much swearing he turned off..for me to continue my diversion..that basically after thirty miles put me on the other side of the bridge..about 200 yards from where i started.

Any way..when I arrived at the mark..there was someone else there...not much space..but I asked him if there was room for two..loads of space he says..so I tackled up.
High tide was at full bore by then..so I thought Pollack and coalies might be there..and some mackerel possibly..
Alas I was wrong..and nothing was doing.
I lost a set of sabikis and a 4 oz lead..so a metal was launched into the sea.
The guillimots were irritating trying to get the lures..diving down to chase them..and sure enough the bloke next to me caught one..two trebles in the side of it's head.
How bitey and wriggly are they..?
I managed to get the hooks out and slung it back over the wall.
An hour or so later I had a knock on the metal..but it didn't fight much..it turned out that I had put one treble through the swivel that was attached to the sabikis..how unlikely was that..?
I also had a very bitey and angry crab tangled up in the line..about five times wrapped up in it..
That's about it.

Good report I am glad that bloke I was behind the other day is up your way now , didn’t you tell him it’s illegal to use your phone when driving

Last edited:
Good effort Flaps and well done on the bitey bird and crab ?

Honestly, if I could kill with a look the roads around here would be filled with abandoned cars containing the withered corpse of a dozy old fecker ?

Back