• Becoming a member is completely free!

• Join the community and start contributing to a large source of sea angling information.
    • Become an active member and you can enter member exclusive competitions.

REGISTER FOR FREE HERE

South West A small ambition realised

I very much doubt they’d send me a free post 8oz lol.
No problem with buying rag online but because of the heavy packaging and cold blocks the postage is high.
Okay if you’re buying some between you or for a long session/holiday, but it’s a bit prohibitive for a short local session.

I probably could have found a bit locally with a fairly long out of my way drive, but as I said, catching smaller wrasse on the float isn’t really what I went for.

Saying that, I would like to float fish that mark more, maybe when I have a bit of worm left over or something

That is one very cracking wrasse. Like Vi, I'm a fan of float fishing for wrasse. Never had peeler to try on a (big?) float, wonder if it's worth a try?

That is one very cracking wrasse. Like Vi, I'm a fan of float fishing for wrasse. Never had peeler to try on a (big?) float, wonder if it's worth a try?
It’s worth a try, or even a whole hardback. It’s only another method of delivering the bait, after all.

I do enjoy float fishing for them when it’s feasible and time allows, but generally you will get a lot of small stuff.
As with bass fishing, I tend to be happier sitting on the big baits for the odd quality fish rather than lots of smaller ones.

I’ll do it more in the Channel Islands where the marks make it easier and rag is also easy to come by, or you can even dig your own.
Although the last time I was there the beds had been hammered ☹️

Lo\/ely fish and yet again a great report. Agree with you on the rag, small fish magnet especially up in the water, always attracts too many small pollack as well. Always found blow lug will fish as well as rag anyway andit's easier to find. Li\/e hard back or \/el\/et under a float if the kelp is not too long has a;ways worked for me

Lo\/ely fish and yet again a great report. Agree with you on the rag, small fish magnet especially up in the water, always attracts too many small pollack as well. Always found blow lug will fish as well as rag anyway andit's easier to find. Li\/e hard back or \/el\/et under a float if the kelp is not too long has a;ways worked for me
Oh god yea, I forgot the small pollack! That’s also not something I want to be picking off my hook all day.

Plus this mark is relatively shallow and jagged, various odd reefs and a bit limited on where you could trot a float without constant snags

? we’ve been over this before! ? Can you get half a pound free postage for a four hour session?
I don't like ordering or buying fresh bait either - last Friday was a prime example of why.

Back