• Becoming a member is completely free!

• Join the community and start contributing to a large source of sea angling information.
    • Become an active member and you can enter member exclusive competitions.

REGISTER FOR FREE HERE

North Wales A week off work - Part 1.

Andy 1965

Reaction score
Favourite Fishing
Lure
Fun with plastic.

With a week off work I had a few sessions planned, starting on Monday with a local lure session with Josh and Sam. With high tide in the afternoon I wasn’t overly confident of success, but we gave it a go anyway. As I suspected, we were unsuccessful this time but it was still nice to spend a couple of hours quality time with my boys. As it happened, I also had something else planned for them later in the week ;).
Boys on the lures.jpg

Next up was a solo lure session on Tuesday evening, at the same mark where I caught the previous week. After spending the whole afternoon broken down just off the A55, while waiting for a recovery truck ?, I was desperate to chill out and conditions couldn’t have been more perfect for spending a few hours by the water and enjoying the last of the warm evening sunshine.

The first 2 hours were spent watching the sea trout jumping and the small fry scattering across the mirror calm water, while admiring a truly magical North Wales sunset ? but strangely there was no sign of any bass ?. Even the drop in light levels, which had signalled the start of the feeding the previous week failed to result in any hits, but I kept on trying.

Eventually though, a whole 3 hours after I arrived and an hour after sunset, I finally had some luck, when small schoolie hit my Vulture at maximum range ?.
Bass_39_2021.jpg

After a long day I was starting to flag by now but typically, just as I was thinking of leaving, the bass started to feed out in the darkness. I gave it another hour, during which time I caught a second slightly larger basslet, number 40 for the year, and lost a couple more
Bass_40_2021.jpg

but eventually at 00:30 I called it a night.

So that was it for my lure fishing this week, but as I mentioned I still had a couple more sessions up my sleeve :sneaky:.

Back