• Becoming a member is completely free!

• Join the community and start contributing to a large source of sea angling information.
    • Become an active member and you can enter member exclusive competitions.

REGISTER FOR FREE HERE

South West About bloody time

Tatunka joe

Reaction score
Just been sent a video from my building partner and finally the macs have shown up big time loads of whitebait on Sidmouth beach and I’d imagine the same with branscome and Seaton I shall be sneaking down tommrow after work for a bit of fun on the light rods ????

Just been sent a video from my building partner and finally the macs have shown up big time loads of whitebait on Sidmouth beach and I’d imagine the same with branscome and Seaton I shall be sneaking down tommrow after work for a bit of fun on the light rods ????
Go get 'em Tat. That's gonna be some useful bait in the next few weeks too

I was on Chesil Tuesday last week and plenty of mackerel around....baitfish leaping to their deaths onto the shingle and could actually see the mackies chasing them the water was so clear! And the mackerel were BIG too....20210831_233426.jpg

Get in there.

Can not beat fresh mackerel to eat.

Myself not been fishing much, i thought after treatment and being at caravan i would be at it all the time, but had a back problem for about 4 weeks and then my legs aching, they just starting to be a bit better so may soon get out to fish again.

Get in there.

Can not beat fresh mackerel to eat.

Myself not been fishing much, i thought after treatment and being at caravan i would be at it all the time, but had a back problem for about 4 weeks and then my legs aching, they just starting to be a bit better so may soon get out to fish again.
20210831_235058.jpg
Agreed...they tasted fantastic! ?

Did you get any @Tatunka joe ?
So as I’m fishing a small boat comp down salcombe this weekend decided along with 2 other lads to try and get some fresh bait got to Seaton at first light long and short of it was we had 5 macs the smallest gar ever and my mate snagged a decent flounder on feathers ???don’t ask I don’t know ??‍♀️??‍♀️6BB4E9BE-9F3D-47B1-A6F1-60BE0D3A6551.jpeg8494E882-419B-4311-B52F-725900783500.jpeg

Last edited:
So as I’m fishing a small boat comp down salcombe this weekend decided along with 2 other lads to try and get some fresh bait got to Seaton at first light long and short of it was we had 5 macs the smallest gar ever and my mate snagged a decent flounder ???don’t ask I don’t know ??‍♀️??‍♀️View attachment 14130View attachment 14135
Wow, that is a small gar!

Quite easy to snag flounder, as they just bloody lie there.
Snagged one retrieving a pennell 6/0 and half a bluey once ?

Nice one Tat. (y)

Ian.

Back