• Becoming a member is completely free!

• Join the community and start contributing to a large source of sea angling information.
    • Become an active member and you can enter member exclusive competitions.

REGISTER FOR FREE HERE

Advise wanted ....

Exile65

Reaction score
Favourite Fishing
Lure
I’m going to be fishing a fairly wide deep river in the not to distant future , the traditional, and it has to be said successful method is by casting as close to the opposite bank as possible with a large clipped up method feeder , over cast and your generally in the undergrowth or over hanging trees and getting your tackle out would seem extremely unlikely ..whilst I have a feeder rod that will do the job I do need a rod rest that will fix to my chair (25mmtube) and lock the butt section in ..whilst I’ve seen some that look like they will do the job , they also look the tacky cheap end of the job ..any recommendations would be much appreciated ...

Sorry Excile I stopped fresh water fishing when I started fly and sea fishing. I am sure someone will be able to help, alternatively look at some tackle shops online.

korum used to do a chair that had loads of additional clip on rests and bits ....they looked pretty well made but never had one so can't promise .. couldn't you use a separate rod rest right next to your chair maybe instead ?

Korum do an adaptor to fit chair legs and is compatible with most banks ticks and rod rests.

I used to use one before switching to a different chair and tripod set up. On that point, if the river is pacy, a rod up style tripod might be the answer anyway. I use that all the time of the Severn and Ribble.

korum used to do a chair that had loads of additional clip on rests and bits ....they looked pretty well made but never had one so can't promise .. couldn't you use a separate rod rest right next to your chair maybe instead ?
Fishing is from a concrete slab , so ideally it will be something I can fix to the legs , I have seen some but not with a universal fitting that open to go round the tube ,their must be one out there ...

I’m trying to avoid buying a new chair mate , the one I’ve got is only a year old and cost about the same as this one ..
Octopus system the Korum chair uses But you already have the answer! You had the Stainless Steel Solar Sod pod off me Perfect for that High post on front with short on rear with single head.
They do longer posts for them also.
Can lay a bag of say sand across pod if danger of goes walkies!

Octopus system the Korum chair uses But you already have the answer! You had the Stainless Steel Solar Sod pod off me Perfect for that High post on front with short on rear with single head.
Can lay a bag of say sand across pod if danger of goes walkies!

those sod pods are absolute classics iv been using mine for 15 years now !!
never seen another one on the bank though everyone's into carbon single sticks now haha

I’m trying to avoid buying a new chair mate , the one I’ve got is only a year old and cost about the same as this one ..

yeah fair enough ...should be something out there I can't help with that though not summin I ever used .

those sod pods are absolute classics iv been using mine for 15 years now !!
never seen another one on the bank though everyone's into carbon single sticks now haha
Sold Mr Exile pod with extender bar.low uprights.Bars with alarms.3 Daiwa Carbo whisker rods 2.75's.Shimano Rod holdall 3 up 3 down plus unset rods etc(Sort of thing get stopped for passenger not wearing seat belt!):p
Still have my Aero GTB's though. Just don't go carpy camping really but keeping my Daiwa 1 1/4 powermesh avon rod(Had lot's of decent fish on it)did re jig with fuji dps reel seat so holds Centerpin reel properly.and Grey's X-flite Barbel rod can use with brian james 5" aerial match pin or 5000 GTB b runner.
Have one of those Korum chairs the Deluxe one 2nd one they brought out.
Need to have a rake out soon as have a brand new JRC Dave lane bivvi/brolley that needs to go

Can lay a bag of say sand across pod if danger of goes walkies!.
You could be right ....?

edited to say I’ve had a play about with the pod and a peg should hold it down , I’ve put the short post on the back and seems a decent angle to see the tip ..especially if I fish at an angle ..??

Last edited:
We used to use hazel sticks with a v branch cut to size, can't beat modern technology. ;)

You could be right ....?

edited to say I’ve had a play about with the pod and a peg should hold it down , I’ve put the short post on the back and seems a decent angle to see the tip ..especially if I fish at an angle ..??
Edited again to say I’ve put the extension piece in which makes the whole thing a lot more stable and takes the bow out of the rod ..
EFB11E27-251C-442A-A9D8-F94DF15CAD8D.jpeg
Dummy run on the balcony , I had a hell of a bite from the allo Vera plant but never managed land it ..I’ve got a couple of locking butt rests due tomorrow to finish it off ..Should save on buying more kit ..

Why didn't you go with the rod pod in the first instance if you had one.I always use mine.
I got looking at chair attachments and it seemed a lightweight alternative ...I use the pod weekly but had never really played about with it in as much as using all the other posts and extensions ..I bought it of tournamag I year or so ago but just used it for carp with the same set up ...weather dependant I’ll try it on the river next week ..

Back