• Becoming a member is completely free!

• Join the community and start contributing to a large source of sea angling information.
    • Become an active member and you can enter member exclusive competitions.

REGISTER FOR FREE HERE

Akios hellrazer

Simon b

Reaction score
I bought a couple of these rods to make life easier casting with my back.
Used them for the first time Friday night, second cast on one rod it snapped ?.
So I was a bit reluctant to put much into them after that but carried on, 100mts I say is an easy target for these rods, they or should I say it sat in the tide nice,had a few bites and easy to see.
Veals sending me another rod so a bonus.
I'm not going to b put off as u always get a dud but time will tell

Same happend with my sonic gravity veals replaced within a few days so far so good but I still hold back a bit

Sorry to hear about your rod snapping, I have a hellrazer, cracking rod, very forgiving with a fluffed cast, good bite detection , glad veals are replacing it, hope you gets years out the new one.

Sorry to hear about your rod snapping, I have a hellrazer, cracking rod, very forgiving with a fluffed cast, good bite detection , glad veals are replacing it, hope you gets years out the new one.
Yeah apart from the snap they seem ok,feel nice and easy to cast

Like yourself, I also bought a pair of the Hellrazors for the same reason, used them a couple of times now and I'm very impressed with them, a genuine easy fishable rod that does all it claims, will put bait out a good distance with a straight forward OHT, comfortable fishing tools and well worth the financial outlay, going to be using them a lot !!

Like yourself, I also bought a pair of the Hellrazors for the same reason, used them a couple of times now and I'm very impressed with them, a genuine easy fishable rod that does all it claims, will put bait out a good distance with a straight forward OHT, comfortable fishing tools and well worth the financial outlay, going to be using them a lot !!
Hi bud, I just hope the one that broke was a one off, new one is arriving tomorrow so can't complain about VMO.
Yes a little flick can get a 100yrds, last Friday was a good head wind but that wasn't a problem, tbh I didn't hit the other rod to hard being the other broke,just need confidence

I used mine with a 5oz and large Eel after rays on local beach, was hitting them hard and they just lapped it up, I imagine yours was just a one off, happens to rods from all manufacturers from time to time, wouldn't worry about it.

I used mine with a 5oz and large Eel after rays on local beach, was hitting them hard and they just lapped it up, I imagine yours was just a one off, happens to rods from all manufacturers from time to time, wouldn't worry about it.
I've got 2 supercasts I use often.
2 century CME which I like very much but they tend to give my back a bit of stick.
Only had one trip with the new rods using 6oz lead think they good for 8oz? .
Yeah bit light but feel nice, weather they cope with a decent fish plus weed time will tell

Similar to yourself Simon, I also use a variety of rods, both Conti and Traditional 2 piece, all depends on where and what I'm fishing for, I have found that the 14ft Conti's handle better than the 15ft ones, got pair of Cobra 4.5m rods, not a fan ! hence the Hellrazors

Similar to yourself Simon, I also use a variety of rods, both Conti and Traditional 2 piece, all depends on where and what I'm fishing for, I have found that the 14ft Conti's handle better than the 15ft ones, got pair of Cobra 4.5m rods, not a fan ! hence the Hellrazors
Used them last night, still holding back on the cast being I snapped one last week but yeah they seem fine

Back