• Becoming a member is completely free!

• Join the community and start contributing to a large source of sea angling information.
    • Become an active member and you can enter member exclusive competitions.

REGISTER FOR FREE HERE

Anybody had any dealings with this crowd?

Trampster

Reaction score
Favourite Fishing
Shore
Another one here:

I didn't see it at first, but there is a giveaway on both sites above - it's only when I blew the images up, it says "Pauls Angling Supplies". Stolen images!

I'm sure a while ago I saw somebody was compiling a list of fake fishing gear websites - may of been on here, or the dark side, or on a website. If anyone else has seen it & has a link, please let me know!

Meanwhile, a little test! Can anyone spot the faults here:

Says the guys in Doncaster,I'll pay him a visit.(y)No feedback as a seller only as a buyer.
Yep, that's one point.

Second, the listing says the rod is 4.3 metres but the photos say 4.5 metres. I've asked him about this and he says it is 4.5 metres, but he made a mistake & eBay won't allow hime to change the listing.

Thirdly and most importantly, he says the rod is in excellent condition and only been used once. Luckily I looked very closely at the photos. The whipping doesn't look 100% on the top 3 rings, and the 2 rings below the tip are single leg. Vertix rods are all 2 leg rings, and most of them are genuine Fuji rings.

I was going to bid on this rod as I have a Vertix rod as you know, and would like another. One to avoid I think - some poor person is going to get stitched with this.

Second, the listing says the rod is 4.3 metres but the photos say 4.5 metres. I've asked him about this and he says it is 4.5 metres, but he made a mistake & eBay won't allow hime to change the listing.
Amended 23rd further down to say Rod is 15ft(4.5mtrs)
Mistake made in Listing.

No selling feedback on ebay doesn't mean much as all sellers have to start somewhere! Some of the best used kit I have has come from one-off sellers who are not seen again. They've got an account purely to sell that load stuff. I save trusted sellers in the hope of buying in confidence from them again and will pay a little more for their items. Ebay offers pretty good buyer protection.

Back