• Becoming a member is completely free!

• Join the community and start contributing to a large source of sea angling information.
    • Become an active member and you can enter member exclusive competitions.

REGISTER FOR FREE HERE

Anyone getting out fishing ?

Coxy

Reaction score
Favourite Fishing
Boat
The river is flooded - no fishing & boat too far for local travel - no fishing. In desperate need of some news of a "fishing pulse" out there even if it is a dog fish!

Superman would think twice down our way at the moment 7m waves:ROFLMAO: I don't even think surfers will be out but that lot are mental so who knows?

I am landlocked, how many times do you have to sort out the fishing gear? Wifey thinks I have hibernated in one of the sheds :D peaceful though(y)

Superman would think twice down our way at the moment 7m waves:ROFLMAO: I don't even think surfers will be out but that lot are mental so who knows?
The only waves we get is when washing our hair :ROFLMAO:

The only waves we get is when washing our hair :ROFLMAO:

Having a wide center parting that rules any waves in my hair :ROFLMAO: Back to fishing the wave heights being shown on the navigation website was 8m+ today but it is going to calm down to about 1.5m later in the week... I have no idea what that means in terms of being able to fish.

Having a wide center parting that rules any waves in my hair :ROFLMAO: Back to fishing the wave heights being shown on the navigation website was 8m+ today but it is going to calm down to about 1.5m later in the week... I have no idea what that means in terms of being able to fish.
Perhaps an estuary would be more suitable with 1.5m waves, are you around the Bay of Biscay?

Hardly any wind down Solent to Selsey today but unfortunately it's going to blow again from tomorrow for a few days & no respite from rain. The locals I know down there have packed up until March & doing their boat maintenance in Feb.

Yes
Perhaps an estuary would be more suitable with 1.5m waves, are you around the Bay of Biscay?
Yes right in the corner. I think I just have to accept that fishing is out for the next week anyway the seabed is on quite a shallow gradient and I think that means very rough seas when there is a significant wind apparently the average wave was 6m and there were 10m waves at times today at St Jean de Luz sea described as very rough :ROFLMAO: Not being a sea faring type I cannot imagine wave that high is that not going to wash the blooming houses away ?

Yes

Yes right in the corner. I think I just have to accept that fishing is out for the next week anyway the seabed is on quite a shallow gradient and I think that means very rough seas when there is a significant wind apparently the average wave was 6m and there were 10m waves at times today at St Jean de Luz sea described as very rough :ROFLMAO: Not being a sea faring type I cannot imagine wave that high is that not going to wash the blooming houses away ?
Stay safe, maybe look for a webcam showing local or near beaches.

Stay safe, maybe look for a webcam showing local or near beaches.

Don't worry I won't be anywhere near there until the sea is calmed down. The weather warnings are on for flooding in the estuaries its a double whammy very heavy rains inland and strong onshore winds... high tide is going to be interesting in the estuaries at Bordeaux, Bayonne etc.

Don't worry I won't be anywhere near there until the sea is calmed down. The weather warnings are on for flooding in the estuaries its a double whammy very heavy rains inland and strong onshore winds... high tide is going to be interesting in the estuaries at Bordeaux, Bayonne etc.
Stay in the warm and have a glass/bottle of Nuits St Georges. ?

If you are going bald at the front, you are a thinker, at the back then you are sexy. Bald all over then you think you are sexy. :ROFLMAO:

Stay in the warm and have a glass/bottle of Nuits St Georges. ?
Thats the problem right now the weather has been so bad that we have been indoors all weekend and even before that. So it has been sat by the fire all day it just wears a bit thin, but there is now't that can be done.

Thats the problem right now the weather has been so bad that we have been indoors all weekend and even before that. So it has been sat by the fire all day it just wears a bit thin, but there is now't that can be done.
At least you are not in lockdown like us.

Yes

I've not been right down that side of France, but it looks like some good fishing there, either around the Fort de Socoa or a bit further down at Hendaye.

At least you are not in lockdown like us.
We are under curfew though so all indoors by 6pm until 6am !
I've not been right down that side of France, but it looks like some good fishing there, either around the Fort de Socoa or a bit further down at Hendaye.
The fishing is said to be very good at times of the year, I suppose much like the UK really. I was shooting in a big comp up at Ychoux which is not far from the coast two year back. We were staying in a chalet on a camp site and in there was a guy there with a big bag of trigger fish he had caught that afternoon he was getting them ready for the BBQ said to be very tasty? Mind you the French do eat some odd looking fish, having said that it is not what it looks like I suppose if the flesh is tasty they do have one hell of a set of dentures though:ROFLMAO:

The fishing is said to be very good at times of the year, I suppose much like the UK really. I was shooting in a big comp up at Ychoux which is not far from the coast two year back. We were staying in a chalet on a camp site and in there was a guy there with a big bag of trigger fish he had caught that afternoon he was getting them ready for the BBQ said to be very tasty? Mind you the French do eat some odd looking fish, having said that it is not what it looks like I suppose if the flesh is tasty they do have one hell of a set of dentures though:ROFLMAO:
They also eat Horse like the Italians, can't eat whole one though. :ROFLMAO:

They also eat Horse like the Italians, can't eat whole one though. :ROFLMAO:
Got to be honest horse is not a popular as it once was in fact difficult to find. I won't lie I have eaten it and can confirm it is delicious if you get the right cut. Still more popular in the north and Belgium... I live in a gourmand area renowned for many very many delicious foods, the north is much more tripe and onions :ROFLMAO:

Trigger fish are supposed to be delicious - never had the chance to taste one much less catch one!

Got to be honest horse is not a popular as it once was in fact difficult to find. I won't lie I have eaten it and can confirm it is delicious if you get the right cut. Still more popular in the north and Belgium... I live in a gourmand area renowned for many very many delicious foods, the north is much more tripe and onions :ROFLMAO:
Neigh...... Not keen on trying Horse! Reminds me of the Tesco images when they were supposdly selling Horse meat - "Unexpected item in the bagging area"!
1612206653344.png

Back