• Becoming a member is completely free!

• Join the community and start contributing to a large source of sea angling information.
    • Become an active member and you can enter member exclusive competitions.

REGISTER FOR FREE HERE

Anyone know?

As cheap as possible being from Yorkshire but realistically for a rod I’m comfortable with probably around £300.
New or used? But also rod weights are deceiving as used a T900 in the bag think heavy but in use don't feel/notice at all plus weights base end not tip which even a light rod will soon feel unwieldy if top heavy.

I don’t mind a used rod at all and I’m no stranger to them?

See if anyone at the club has a zziplex M4 or the F1, they are a marmite rod, but if you do get on with either, you won't regret buying one.
I was so impressed with my other half's f1 I ended up buying a couple for myself. Well, maybe more than a couple!

Have a Reelsport Response here which was designed for your area Century TT sport base but uprated for rock/rough it isn't that heavy but deals with a weight nicely!
Also a Daiwa WKT12M which is pretty light easy to get on with only have one so on the list to sell!
also have an old Century slammer "Cod Rod" first cast decent Cod! and had many since on it. perfect for rough or conger as tip isn't overly stiff but it has power in the mid band easy to get on with without pulling balls off but will put a weight out a long way and will handle over 8 oz with ease!

Back