• Becoming a member is completely free!

• Join the community and start contributing to a large source of sea angling information.
    • Become an active member and you can enter member exclusive competitions.

REGISTER FOR FREE HERE

Apart from rods and reels...?

Scissors, they do so much - bait making, bait removal, rig making, leader knot tidying, birds nest sorting....
More than once when I’ve forgotten my bait knife, they’ve got me out of a hole by enabling me to cut my bait as well!

Scissors, they do so much - bait making, bait removal, rig making, leader knot tidying, birds nest sorting....
More than once when I’ve forgotten my bait knife, they’ve got me out of a hole by enabling me to cut my bait as well!
Are you using a branded fishing type or something adopted from the kitchen drawer?

Are you using a branded fishing type or something adopted from the kitchen drawer?
Just kitchen type ones.

I just go to the local value house and pick up a couple of pairs of stainless kitchen/utility scissors for about 3.99.

The current pair has lasted years now

Best scissors are Fiskars orange handle, and a bump on one blade.
They last a long time and although expensive I think they are well worth it. They are sharp enough to prepare table fish on the beach you can gut and trim up a flattie in a minute.

Flask and Beta box. Helps break up the blanks a little bit lol.
edit. a pair of forceps aswell for the innevitable deep hooked flattie.

This time of year it has to be my 10mm thick neoprene wellies. No cold gets through to your feet whatsoever, I think they're rated down to -35 or something like that. Best 50 quid I've ever spent on footwear.

Back