• Becoming a member is completely free!

• Join the community and start contributing to a large source of sea angling information.
    • Become an active member and you can enter member exclusive competitions.

REGISTER FOR FREE HERE

At Last...

spiderfur

Reaction score
Favourite Fishing
Shore
Nearly three weeks of this orrible virus and finally felt just about up to a gentle session last night. It's nice to post a fishing thread for a change instead of my usual nonsense.
Fished an hour down and three hours up on a lovely evening. Decided to go easy and fished just one rod using two hook clipped down and rag as bait. Must admit I quite enjoyed the more relaxed one rod effort.
After a small sole first cast had a bit of a wait then another small sole on the turn. This was followed by the biggest strap to date, a couple of pout and finished off with a tiny tope. At least I'm pretty sure it was tope ( black tip on the dorsal? )
Nothing too exciting but it was a chance to get some air and practise my casting. Got one bloodshot eye on the weekend now ?

Nearly three weeks of this orrible virus and finally felt just about up to a gentle session last night. It's nice to post a fishing thread for a change instead of my usual nonsense.
Fished an hour down and three hours up on a lovely evening. Decided to go easy and fished just one rod using two hook clipped down and rag as bait. Must admit I quite enjoyed the more relaxed one rod effort.
After a small sole first cast had a bit of a wait then another small sole on the turn. This was followed by the biggest strap to date, a couple of pout and finished off with a tiny tope. At least I'm pretty sure it was tope ( black tip on the dorsal? )
Nothing too exciting but it was a chance to get some air and practise my casting. Got one bloodshot eye on the weekend now ?
Nice session mate glad yer on the mend top man ?

Yeah it was nice. Had a rig baited up and ready to go but it was relaxing ?
When I bait fish for Bass in the summer with my mate he always fishes with three rods, me normally one, occasionally two. Very often he has a triple hook up at the same time, lines going everywhere! To me it dosnt look fun but he is set in his ways.

When I bait fish for Bass in the summer with my mate he always fishes with three rods, me normally one, occasionally two. Very often he has a triple hook up at the same time, lines going everywhere! To me it dosnt look fun but he is set in his ways.
I agree. If you're having a busy time with small stuff it can get a bit wearing I find, baiting up with a crick in your neck watching the rod tips ?

Back in the game, nice one. (y)

Ian.

I'm two weeks into the horrible virus and still can't face a session. mind you the main problem is the thought of digging bait feeling like crap lol

Good stuff on pulling through matey. You caught and you enjoyed it. Maybe the baby tope was a baby smoothie? Did it have teeth? They turn up again around now into early winter on our bit of coast. ?

Back