• Becoming a member is completely free!

• Join the community and start contributing to a large source of sea angling information.
    • Become an active member and you can enter member exclusive competitions.

REGISTER FOR FREE HERE

Atlantic City Saltwater Anglers

Wow.. I am as impressed with the number of members that you have in ACSA Leon, I remember your first faltering steps, and what you were doing to get it off the ground..

Looks like everything went to plan, and probably better than you ever imagined , have you any plans for the future , and are all the members active anglers ?

Dave
Thanks Dave, I actually feel like the club is to big, it’s a lot of work keeping up with everything that needs to be done. We have a decent number of sponsors now including Century Rods. I would like to see the club at about 80 people because it seems much more manageable around that number. It’s really a catch 22 because it’s very hard to say no to people that want to join. What we are doing now is year round in-house tournaments, 3 or 4 club BBQs a year, a nice Christmas party, fishing trips, food and clothing drives for the needy and we are about to have a fishing rod giveaway for the inner city kids in AC. I try and keep the club very active I also bring in guest speakers at a few of our meetings nothing is mandatory so guys can make what ever event works for them. I would say only about 40 or so members are very active but I think that’s common with most clubs. That’s the story right now lol oh also I’ve been able to get 5 different Bait&tackle shops to give all our members 15% off on all purchases.

Thanks Dave, I actually feel like the club is to big, it’s a lot of work keeping up with everything that needs to be done. We have a decent number of sponsors now including Century Rods. I would like to see the club at about 80 people because it seems much more manageable around that number. It’s really a catch 22 because it’s very hard to say no to people that want to join. What we are doing now is year round in-house tournaments, 3 or 4 club BBQs a year, a nice Christmas party, fishing trips, food and clothing drives for the needy and we are about to have a fishing rod giveaway for the inner city kids in AC. I try and keep the club very active I also bring in guest speakers at a few of our meetings nothing is mandatory so guys can make what ever event works for them. I would say only about 40 or so members are very active but I think that’s common with most clubs. That’s the story right now lol oh also I’ve been able to get 5 different Bait&tackle shops to give all our members 15% off on all purchases.
Sounds like the right man is at the helm. Well done

Back