• Becoming a member is completely free!

• Join the community and start contributing to a large source of sea angling information.
    • Become an active member and you can enter member exclusive competitions.

REGISTER FOR FREE HERE

West Wales Back at last

JLD

Reaction score
Favourite Fishing
Shore
Been unable to fish for quite some time for medical reasons so I was really pleased to get out today. First time in 3 years ! I'm chuffed as for a long time I never really believed the today would come. I was quite nervous about it actually, especially the casting bit but it went okay.
I been busy building in preparation. Not allowed to drive any more so have to use the bus to get about and the old rods that I had pre op have long tip sections which are a pain. Also don't think it's a good idea for me to be casting heavier weights anymore so I bought a 4 piece 'power spin', casting 45gm - 75gm, off the Bay for next to nothing, stripped it down and rebuilt it for a multi with Minima guides and paired it up with a magged Abu 5500, 30lb braid. Armed with this then I headed out this morning to try my luck. Went down Tany first to fish over low. First cast went well. Took it easy but still sent 2oz a repectable distance. And then started to wait. Sea was pretty calm with no weed in the water but no fish either, or so it seemed, so after an 1.5 hours of nothing I upped sticks and headed to the Stone Jetty to try my luck there. Had the jetty to myself and started lobbing 2 hook flappers with small hooks and baits in among the boulders close in. First cast had a Tompot so blank beaten. After that it was a bit slow but I had 3 blennies and 3 pollock to show for my troubles. Biggest pollock was 30cm. Nothing special to report but still a red letter day for me.

At least you never blanked mate, good to hear your out fishing again,tight lines for next time ???

Well done for still getting out there and doing it mate. Bet it felt great.

Thanks guys. It was good to be out again and I never expected much under the conditions. Not blanking was good enough for me before I left home. Be up Borth next I'm thinking.

Well done for getting back out fishing!
Glad you caught a few and hopefully you've got the big back to get out more.
I love the idea of the lighter gear, I used it myself a few years ago when I had trouble with my arm, was amazing fun compared to big beach casters and 6 Oz leads.

Welcome back and well done for catching some nice fish ? .

Well done bey 3 yrs is a long time that is fair play ma Bute ???

Well done John thats fantastic news, glad your on the road to recovery and managed to get out and catch. Hopefully we can catch up at some point this year (y)

Back