• Becoming a member is completely free!

• Join the community and start contributing to a large source of sea angling information.
    • Become an active member and you can enter member exclusive competitions.

REGISTER FOR FREE HERE

South West Back breaking flattie bash

Great read / report mr fish . I felt like i was there . I hope your feeling better soon sir. Cod liver oil is high in vit D

Great read / report mr fish . I felt like i was there . I hope your feeling better soon sir. Cod liver oil is high in vit D
Cheers Joe. Yes, I’ve got some extra supplements but they want to see what the blood tests say before we start adding stuff, it’s a bit of a balancing act. You can have too much as well

Cheers Joe. Yes, I’ve got some extra supplements but they want to see what the blood tests say before we start adding stuff, it’s a bit of a balancing act. You can have too much as well

Yeah things in moderation for sure mr fish . Protein is the most important then carbs second i would think .

Yeah things in moderation for sure mr fish . Protein is the most important then carbs second i would think .
The whole calcium thing is quite complex Joe, it needs vitamin D but a specific type, although supplements can help, as well as magnesium and folates, but it’s also dangerous to have too high levels of calcium or vitamin D too.
Normally the body moderates what it needs but mine doesn’t seem to make proper use of the calcium without the extra vitamin D.
Just consuming more doesn’t necessarily help in my case.
It’s all quite tightly controlled by the parathyroid hormone and it seems I’m not producing enough.

That’s why the dosage needs to be carefully controlled and monitored by the hospital, although if I hadn’t shouted a bit I’d probably still be waiting ?

The whole calcium thing is quite complex Joe, it needs vitamin D but a specific type, although supplements can help, as well as magnesium and folates, but it’s also dangerous to have too high levels of calcium or vitamin D too.
Normally the body moderates what it needs but mine doesn’t seem to make proper use of the calcium without the extra vitamin D.
Just consuming more doesn’t necessarily help in my case.
It’s all quite tightly controlled by the parathyroid hormone and it seems I’m not producing enough.

That’s why the dosage needs to be carefully controlled and monitored by the hospital, although if I hadn’t shouted a bit I’d probably still be waiting ?
Sad to here of the complexitys your having mr fish . I have been taking pine tree pollen for quite some time . It contains every single vitamin and mineral . I swear by that and PH 6.0 water which i correct myself from normal alkaline water . The water helps not becoming difficient of minerals aswell.... Im not saying do this , its just what i do for myself . Get well soon and great report again mrfish.

Sad to here of the complexitys your having mr fish . I have been taking pine tree pollen for quite some time . It contains every single vitamin and mineral . I swear by that and PH 6.0 water which i correct myself from normal alkaline water . The water helps not becoming difficient of minerals aswell.... Im not saying do this , its just what i do for myself . Get well soon and great report again mrfish.
Thanks Joe. Yea I don’t mind taking extra supplements but I need to know from the docs first what I should be taking, as too much could be as bad as too little!

Thanks Joe. Yea I don’t mind taking extra supplements but I need to know from the docs first what I should be taking, as too much could be as bad as too little!
Now I'm not medically qualified but I personally recommend a heavy diet of curried prunes, roll mop herrings and maltesers. probably won't help but it will divert your attention for a while.
Worked for me when I had a touch of demonic possession. ? ? :unsure:

We need to learn from the 100+ somethings of what they eat dont we mrfish . I seem to think that evergreen species of trees and plants are not tied to the seasons like deciduous and some elements from evergreens would go well in the diet . sage supplements are suppost to be good and are evergreen .

We need to learn from the 100+ somethings of what they eat dont we mrfish . I seem to think that evergreen species of trees and plants are not tied to the seasons like deciduous and some elements from evergreens would go well in the diet . sage supplements are suppost to be good and are evergreen .
I’ll stick to kebabs! ???

Back