• Becoming a member is completely free!

• Join the community and start contributing to a large source of sea angling information.
    • Become an active member and you can enter member exclusive competitions.

REGISTER FOR FREE HERE

North Wales Back on the bait.

Kevin3110

Reaction score
Back on the bait last night, left the multi rods and reels opting for the lighter approach using my 4.5M Leeda Icon FS Sport and Ultegra. Rig was an up & over, 105g of bucket shaped lead armed with crab ? and prawn ?.

It was bites from the off on both crab and prawn baits but unfortunately no fish for the initial efforts.

Eventually, under the cover of darkness and an hour into the flood the first hound was landed.

It was swiftly followed on the very next cast by the biggest of the night around the 4lb mark. Cracking sport on the lighter tackle too the hounds are.

Shortly after and with the flood getting to the point of pushing me off this particular mark hound no3 for the night was landed.

I decided at this point it would be wise to move, off the bank and across the gulley which now had around 2 1/2ft of water in it but filling quite quickly. Rather than pack up I decided to use the last of the bait and give it another hour. Now, the inner bass angler is never too far away and having noticed some movement in the shallows my last 3 casts where only put out around 20yds. Last cast and last crab I get a cracking knock, thinking it was silver I was very surprised when a small hound appeared. Probably not much more than 12” in length, perfection in miniature?.

I spent the next 5min if not more watching it effortlessly mooching around the shallows, quite relaxing and therapeutic really, recording a little to show my lad Callum this morning before school.

Probably back to the plastic chucking next week if tides and weather play nice.

Cracking session and some brilliant pics, what bait clip is that in the peeler pic? Well done fella ?

Cheers mate. It’s a Trident Roto clip, I actually tie and sell rigs using a lot of these trident components on my Facebook page and sometimes eBay.

Great session Kevin (y).

I might have to give the place another go with my boys soon ;).

I’m sure they’d enjoy it mate, Callum does.... though he’s out of action for at least another 3 weeks having broken his arm a fortnight ago. ?‍♂️

I'll take them for a go in the next school holiday.

Sorry to hear about Callum, I hope he has a speedy recovery ?.

I’m sure they’d enjoy it mate, Callum does.... though he’s out of action for at least another 3 weeks having broken his arm a fortnight ago. ?‍♂️
How’s he done that not tripped over in those pink wellies has he ?

How’s he done that not tripped over in those pink wellies has he ?
Scooter...... cerb......... bunny hop ?‍♂️........ tarmac outside the house! ?‍♂️

Fractured and bent the bones in his arm, been in plaster for a fortnight..... he’s got at least another 3 weeks though had another appointment today pushing that to 5 weeks ?‍♂️ But hoping everything heals and straightens to avoid having an operation to correct it.

Scooter...... cerb......... bunny hop ?‍♂️........ tarmac outside the house! ?‍♂️

Fractured and bent the bones in his arm, been in plaster for a fortnight..... he’s got at least another 3 weeks though had another appointment today pushing that to 5 weeks ?‍♂️ But hoping everything heals and straightens to avoid having an operation to correct it.
Ouch ?

Back