• Becoming a member is completely free!

• Join the community and start contributing to a large source of sea angling information.
    • Become an active member and you can enter member exclusive competitions.

REGISTER FOR FREE HERE

North Wales Back on the Water

Wobbler72

Reaction score
Favourite Fishing
Boat
It’s been a long time coming, but I finally got back on the water about a month ago. since then, I’ve been practising and developing my boat craft as much as anything else. The few fishing trips I’ve done have been pretty unremarkable really. However, with the family now able to join me, I managed to fit in a nice trip with my son and grandson yesterday. With no bait, we decided to stay close in to the South coast of the Lleyn and flick a variety of lures.

it was fairly quiet to start with until my son Mark called ”I’m in” and brought a nice Wrasse of around 2lb to the boat. We moved along the coast with little to add to the tally except for a few small Pollack to feathers.

As the tide built, we decided to re-trace our steps, and give a few of the deeper marks another chance to fire. And fire they did. This time, 9 yr old Jack was first in. “Feels like a better fish” he said. And he was right. As he got it close to the boat it powered away again, with a flash of silver deep in the crystal clear water. A nice Bass we thought, but no. when Jack brought it in for the second time we were surprised to see a nice 3lb Sea Trout. His first ever.

5AC49604-8954-4907-902C-D96861424C15.jpeg
We were made up for him.

Next drift, Mark snared a heathy Bass of 3.5lb close in.

111E1F2F-06BB-44E9-B476-7308F2376644.jpeg

During the ensuing debate over which was the better fish (“mine’s bigger” vs “mine‘s rarer”), I hooked into a reasonable fish of my own in the form of a 5lb Pollack.

5B201C6B-0E12-4F0D-812C-9D4B513980CC.jpeg

We decided to stay putt and finish the day on this mark. No more Trout but plenty of smaller fish to keep us active.

With fine weather and calm waters, it was a lovely day to be out. Hopefull, plenty more to come this year.

Tight lines

Kev

Nice fish.

Go round or pass that location when i am on yacht races from across the bay.

Look out for you sometime.

Know a couple of local guys to me launch from location near where you got caravan.

Outstanding, each of you got a cracking fish. Arguably the Sea trout wins it though. Well done to the wee man. ??

Back