• Becoming a member is completely free!

• Join the community and start contributing to a large source of sea angling information.
    • Become an active member and you can enter member exclusive competitions.

REGISTER FOR FREE HERE

Back to the coast at last

Devon Lerfer

Reaction score
Favourite Fishing
Lure
Its been a long and frustrating wait but I've finally been able to get back to the coast over the last week or so and the fishing hasn't been too bad. My first saltwater session of 2021 was down at Exmouth with the LRF gear where I picked up a few small wrasse, some blennies and a couple of nice Long Spined Sea Scorpions using isome and gulp on dropshot and splitshot rigs.
IMG_20210405_201456_111.jpgIMG_20210405_201456_151.jpgIMG_20210405_201456_173.jpgIMG_20210405_201456_156.jpgIMG_20210405_201456_176.jpg
IMG_20210405_201456_170.jpg
My most recent session was down at Brixham where I used my heavier HRF set up and had a really enjoyable session catching some quite aggressive ballans, I had a few chunky fish, the biggest weighing 4lb 3oz which is a new PB. Most of my fish were caught on a Keitech Custom Leech on a 5g Texas rig.
IMG_20210408_202748.jpgIMG_20210408_161447.jpgIMG_20210408_152602.jpg

IMG_20210408_155052.jpg
I've got a few days off work now so hoping to squeeze in a couple of sessions between family duties ??

Nice one Rich, really hope to be able to join you soon ?
Thanks mate, yeah that would be good, its been too long! Keep in touch and we'll sort it asap ?
Couple of nice sessions there chap
Thanks mate, I never expect much in April so its been nice to find a few fish ?

Cheers guys, its been good to find a few fish over the last week or so, its usually a good result just to avoid a blank in April for me ?

Great photos of some very interesting fish! Love the colours on them and the wrasse esp. I watched a video of the guy who does the fish locker channel on youtube and some of the wrasse he caught you would expect to find on something from a protected coral reef in the tropics stunning fish they are. I now believe there are some fancy Japanese sushi restos in that there Londinium serving up wrasse at extraordinary prices! Sadly I am the sort of angler who on catching a fish automatically thinks can I eat this :ROFLMAO: ... and no I am not going to apologise I have always thought of fishing as a pastime that has two facets one it is fascinating and great fun and two sometimes you can supplement your diet with what you catch :ROFLMAO:

Great photos of some very interesting fish! Love the colours on them and the wrasse esp. I watched a video of the guy who does the fish locker channel on youtube and some of the wrasse he caught you would expect to find on something from a protected coral reef in the tropics stunning fish they are. I now believe there are some fancy Japanese sushi restos in that there Londinium serving up wrasse at extraordinary prices! Sadly I am the sort of angler who on catching a fish automatically thinks can I eat this :ROFLMAO: ... and no I am not going to apologise I have always thought of fishing as a pastime that has two facets one it is fascinating and great fun and two sometimes you can supplement your diet with what you catch :ROFLMAO:
I've heard lots of folk say "No, you can't eat Wrasse" without any real explanation or reason, but I watch a lot of Troy's Youtube videos - he caught & cooked one on his boat and seemed to think it tasted good.

I've heard lots of folk say "No, you can't eat Wrasse" without any real explanation or reason, but I watch a lot of Troy's Youtube videos - he caught & cooked one on his boat and seemed to think it tasted good.
One thing that is often over looked when it comes to fish and their edibility is how you cook them. The French eat assorts of fish that people generally if the UK would say no thank you to but then you have to say the French know how to cook. Same is true of the Spanish and Italians and of course the far eastern countries.

Back