• Becoming a member is completely free!

• Join the community and start contributing to a large source of sea angling information.
    • Become an active member and you can enter member exclusive competitions.

REGISTER FOR FREE HERE

Bait where from and what kinds

I normally buy my bait from local tackle shop I used to dig it myself but it's getting harder as I get older any surplus fresh bait I keep in a bucket with an air stone to keep the sea water air rated change the water every 24 hrs keep 3 1.5 ltr bottles with sea water in next to the bucket so it's the same temp for water changes also have a drawer in the freezer just for frozen baits. I've had these a few weeks now haven't lost 1 yet. IMG_20210120_191020.jpg

One of the more unusual catches last year was a seagull. Un-tangling line from a wing whilst there is a sharp beak having a go is no fun. :mad:
Usually pays to put a towel over the head.
The Seagull's head, not your own! ??

I normally buy my bait from local tackle shop I used to dig it myself but it's getting harder as I get older any surplus fresh bait I keep in a bucket with an air stone to keep the sea water air rated change the water every 24 hrs keep 3 1.5 ltr bottles with sea water in next to the bucket so it's the same temp for water changes also have a drawer in the freezer just for frozen baits. I've had these a few weeks now haven't lost 1 yet. View attachment 4441
You must be close to the sea to get fesh sea water regulalrly?

Grab it round the neck can't peck you then,might flap it's wings a bit.
Seriously grab it's neck and tuck it under your arm,using other hand unhook or untangle/cut line!! Same as if a goose trys it on grab round neck,throw across yard and repeat untill goose is showing respect!!! If it's a pissed off swan you may have to.spin it like you were throwing the hammer on the sports field.!!!

Back