• Becoming a member is completely free!

• Join the community and start contributing to a large source of sea angling information.
    • Become an active member and you can enter member exclusive competitions.

REGISTER FOR FREE HERE

Review Baiting tool.

I'm old school, thread it on by hand then whip on elastic, but would interested to see how it works
Old school always works, I use a baiting needle, but sometimes it has a bend in it, not always straight like Kevin's , guessing it's the way I put the elastic on

Old school always works, I use a baiting needle, but sometimes it has a bend in it, not always straight like Kevin's , guessing it's the way I put the elastic on
I did try a baiting needle but firstly I found it hard to put the hook point on the end due to me old eyes lol, plus time u messed about its quicker by hand

I did try a baiting needle but firstly I found it hard to put the hook point on the end due to me old eyes lol, plus time u messed about its quicker by hand
Wrong or right, I lay the bait on my needle, wrap it, the I take the hook and sew the hook down the bait , bind the tag end of the hook to stop it moving up the shank and then put my pennel . I do it that way coz then there is less elastic to remove when baiting up again , plus I make my wraps home in cold months, coz me hand don't like the cold

Wrong or right, I lay the bait on my needle, wrap it, the I take the hook and sew the hook down the bait , bind the tag end of the hook to stop it moving up the shank and then put my pennel . I do it that way coz then there is less elastic to remove when baiting up again , plus I make my wraps home in cold months, coz me hand don't like the cold
That's not a bad idea as I suffer from gout in my fingers plus elastic is or can be a pain to remove

That's not a bad idea as I suffer from gout in my fingers plus elastic is or can be a pain to remove
I hate trying to take it off, coz with rods in the water, I can't stop watching them, then I mess up the bait and make a real mess

I hate trying to take it off, coz with rods in the water, I can't stop watching them, then I mess up the bait and make a real mess
I can do it fairly quickly and when I'm removing elastic and rebaiting I face the other rod that's out, but I got no fear as it hardly moves anyway lol

Hi Kevin, I not heard of that one before, could please explain, what is the different from the normal bait loaders, and how is it better?.

I’ll try explaining with a couple of pics in a bit why I liked it so much the other night. Bear with me. ?

I can do it fairly quickly and when I'm removing elastic and rebaiting I face the other rod that's out, but I got no fear as it hardly moves anyway lol
PMSL , yes but you never never know, it will happen on your next outing

I'm old school, thread it on by hand then whip on elastic, but would interested to see how it works
Me too, never used a needle or any sort of baiting tool.
Not knocking them, they seem to produce neat baits but I always figured the fish don’t really care how neat it is and I manage well enough with my fingers.

One thing I do these days is thoroughly cut off old bait with scissors and ensure the elastic is in tiny pieces so if anything were to swallow it, hopefully it would pass through without causing any problems.

Perhaps one for another thread but I’ve often wondered whether we should be leaving that much elastic out there and whether there was a biodegradable alternative?

Me too, never used a needle or any sort of baiting tool.
Not knocking them, they seem to produce neat baits but I always figured the fish don’t really care how neat it is and I manage well enough with my fingers.

One thing I do these days is thoroughly cut off old bait with scissors and ensure the elastic is in tiny pieces so if anything were to swallow it, hopefully it would pass through without causing any problems.

Perhaps one for another thread but I’ve often wondered whether we should be leaving that much elastic out there and whether there was a biodegradable alternative?
I wondered about that to. There must be something else , or another way to secure the bait

Can’t really take it all home, but I try and cut it up small now.

But yes, a biodegradable option would be good.
Might be a stupid idea......... I was thinking at one stage of the pvc stuff for greasy water,

Will it be strong enough in the cast and will it melt away like in fresh water, I have never used it though.

Back