• Becoming a member is completely free!

• Join the community and start contributing to a large source of sea angling information.
    • Become an active member and you can enter member exclusive competitions.

REGISTER FOR FREE HERE

Review Baiting tool.

They’ve fished your local marks too then? ???

Tbh the amount of kit people talk about carrying amazes me. If I can’t get it in rucksack or box and walk a couple of miles, it’s not going with me.
Then again, like you, none of my local marks are places where you can stay for 48 hours, or even eight, usually.
I've got some rock marks over on the Island you can fish pretty much throughout as long as there are no swells just moving down a couple meters but they all involve a decent walk and climb

I've got some rock marks over on the Island you can fish pretty much throughout as long as there are no swells just moving down a couple meters but they all involve a decent walk and climb
Yea I suppose we’ve got rock marks where you could move up and down if you wanted, but it’s never occurred to me to take tents and kettles, I just fish the tide window I want then go home!

They’ve fished your local marks too then? ???

Tbh the amount of kit people talk about carrying amazes me. If I can’t get it in rucksack or box and walk a couple of miles, it’s not going with me.
Then again, like you, none of my local marks are places where you can stay for 48 hours, or even eight, usually.
And where pray tell did this rucksack come from may I ask ???

I got this thing off the net, usual place.
Just put cucumber corer into the search bar.
£4 including p&p.
I have not yet used this so I can't say if it works well or not but having spent a little time smoothing the edges I wrapped it with elastic and pulled it off.The elastic didn't get cut to pieces so it should work.
I've filed a little notch in the end to locate the hook.
For £4 it's another tool in the box.

1602748111307139384910187345421.jpg

I got this thing off the net, usual place.
Just put cucumber corer into the search bar.
£4 including p&p.
I have not yet used this so I can't say if it works well or not but having spent a little time smoothing the edges I wrapped it with elastic and pulled it off.The elastic didn't get cut to pieces so it should work.
I've filed a little notch in the end to locate the hook.
For £4 it's another tool in the box.

View attachment 344
£4, and nicely made, could make for £4 , be interesting to see how you get on with it, but looks good mate

That's not a bad idea as I suffer from gout in my fingers plus elastic is or can be a pain to remove
Gout in the fingers? Ouch. I had a few episodes of Gout in my big toe joint early in the year. Most painful thing I have ever experienced. Turned out (they never told me) that they had found symptoms of very mild Kidney problems when I was last in hospital, and the Uric acid levels were to high. The Uric acid causes crystals in your joints which are responsible for the pain, AKA Gout. Doc has put me on a course of Allopurinol and that has helped a lot.

Me too, never used a needle or any sort of baiting tool.
Not knocking them, they seem to produce neat baits but I always figured the fish don’t really care how neat it is and I manage well enough with my fingers.

One thing I do these days is thoroughly cut off old bait with scissors and ensure the elastic is in tiny pieces so if anything were to swallow it, hopefully it would pass through without causing any problems.

Perhaps one for another thread but I’ve often wondered whether we should be leaving that much elastic out there and whether there was a biodegradable alternative?
Good question. Since I mainly use lures & artificial baits, and rarely get out fishing, I haven't used bait elastic yet. I bought some "just in case" but it's still pristine in my tackle box!

Right....... not forgotten, said I’d try doing some pics.
Damiltech retractable baiting tool.

ADD131C3-2122-4B05-B4B3-230A46E71336.jpeg

Extended and locked to baiting position you have like a hook/guide for the line to pass through. Helps keeping the snood nice a tight whilst preparing the bait.

CC974069-29BC-4649-AFC5-D5CA10AB2EB4.jpeg

Line passes through as hook is placed the same as you would with a baiting needle.

159AADAA-C84C-4910-B0A7-5E954B8CFA9E.jpeg

Now you have baiting needles either side of your hook and snood line and as you hold the tool everything is kept tight/neat allowing you to bind the desired baits together.

0CDDCD5A-17EF-4DAF-A5CD-9FA7F4FB66CE.jpeg

One wrapped hook simply lifts off the tool no awkward sliding or manoeuvring as you also release the line from that hook/guide

And...............

0B73F02A-974E-4E0F-B3B2-F6AFFE6A2EBF.jpeg

Back