• Becoming a member is completely free!

• Join the community and start contributing to a large source of sea angling information.
    • Become an active member and you can enter member exclusive competitions.

REGISTER FOR FREE HERE

Bargain FB marketplace purchase.

Neilos

Reaction score
Favourite Fishing
Shore
Just picked up the following....all virtually new. All for 100 quid.
2 x Sonik SKS Black 13ft surf rods and a Savage Gear XLNT 7ft travel lure rod 20 to 70g.
Bargains there if you're patient.
Anyone want to buy a couple of 16ft Penn Powerstix Pro conti rods???

I notice quite a few ladies selling off fishing stuff cheap on Marketplace, I'm of the opinion that they've split up and she's selling his stuff for a good price based on what he told her it cost.

I notice quite a few ladies selling off fishing stuff cheap on Marketplace, I'm of the opinion that they've split up and she's selling his stuff for a good price based on what he told her it cost.
Hahaha.....yeah...my ex tried! Luckily managed to remove it before she did.?

My ex just twisted the eyes off all my century carp rods, slashed the spools of my shimano baitrunners with Stanley blades, then bent the handles. Snapped the Steve Neville bite alarms off the bank sticks at the base, threw the contents of tackle box in the bin, cut the elastic rope that supports the bed chair into pieces and took a pair of scissors to the landing net. Then slashed the outer skin of the bivvy with a Stanley knife… I never found the scales and unhooking mat…

took me ages to replace the lot!

2 x Sonik SKS Black 13ft surf rods and a Savage Gear XLNT 7ft travel lure rod 20 to 70g.
I have 4 sonik sks black 13ft beachcasters mate, my wife and boy uses them. They have a decent blank and a sliding reel seat. They’re decent rods mate, they need better rod bags though.

I have 4 sonik sks black 13ft beachcasters mate, my wife and boy uses them. They have a decent blank and a sliding reel seat. They’re decent rods mate, they need better rod bags though.
Yep...rod bag is crap....tip keeps poking out...almost slammed it in the boot lid yesterday!

God yeah, I endlessly worry about that! Also, watch the butt eyes, I had one arrive via mail order totally smashed, although it’s unfair to blame the rod when I know it’s got something to do with the couriers, a big old boot print on the packaging gave the game away. It’s left me with an irrational fear of damaging the eyes ever since!

My ex just twisted the eyes off all my century carp rods, slashed the spools of my shimano baitrunners with Stanley blades, then bent the handles. Snapped the Steve Neville bite alarms off the bank sticks at the base, threw the contents of tackle box in the bin, cut the elastic rope that supports the bed chair into pieces and took a pair of scissors to the landing net. Then slashed the outer skin of the bivvy with a Stanley knife… I never found the scales and unhooking mat…

Hope you returned favour to her Wardrobe and shoes?

She must have been a sea angler to hate carp gear that much? ?

I’d have written that post from my cell ……..☹️

She must have been a sea angler to hate carp gear that much? ?
You could be on to something there! ?? luckily, the sea gear was all with my parents still, otherwise she would have had that too!
I’d have written that post from my cell ……..☹️
She wasn’t worth the jail time or rough loving from the huge guy who tells you to drop the soap in the shower… ?

besides, marrying a younger, prettier and all together more caring (and sane!) girl has needled and pissed her off ever since!

Kin hell she must have been a bit p***ed of with you
But alls well that ends well.

Or he's passed away and she hasn't got a clue!

Wouldn't mind your Powerstix Neil but way out of my piggy bank range and too far away.

As for Farcebook, bargains or not, I don't go there. Gumtree is my local go-to for bargains!

They’re decent rods mate, they need better rod bags though.

Yep...rod bag is crap....tip keeps poking out...almost slammed it in the boot lid yesterday!

Just talking about Rod bags on another thread. These are quite good quality & UK made.

Wouldn't mind your Powerstix Neil but way out of my piggy bank range and too far away.

As for Farcebook, bargains or not, I don't go there. Gumtree is my local go-to for bargains!
Make me an offer.....? Could do with a couple of days in Devon fishing....delivery would then be included ?

Last edited:

Yikes! ?

Back