• Becoming a member is completely free!

• Join the community and start contributing to a large source of sea angling information.
    • Become an active member and you can enter member exclusive competitions.

REGISTER FOR FREE HERE

South West Belated Friday catch report!

Quality report Dave, was good to meet up again for a fish, well done on the Mackerel too (y) (y)

Yes that’s not a huge amount, to be fair.
I suppose you could go with one beach rod and reel instead of two?
Must admit even going down to one makes life a lot easier when I’m rock hopping.

Then again it’s not a huge wet gut difference, I realise.
Also as you found, wheels on shingle don’t really work - you may well be expending more effort on it.
What about a wheeled sled?
Travelling with anything on Shingle is difficult, I think even John's proper fishing trolley was sinking. The last few times I've been out, I've debated whether to take my 'wheelie' box with the small wheels, or chuck everyting in the Shaky seatbox and bungee it onto my sack trucks. The sack trucks have quite wide inflatable tyres, but are a lot heavier.

Me little 'Wheelie box' was about £8 from ALdi, and has been brilliant. It gets used for shopping too if I'm stocking up on bulk quantites of Tonic water or similar, but it's no good (like a lot of things) on soft ground like sand or shingle.

1631619411562.png

Last edited:
What sort of trolley have you got . I invested in one of the tronix pro beach trolley with the big inflatable tyres on . It works reasonably well on shingle if you dont over inflate tyres . You can load it up including strapping rods to it . I would say the main negative of the trolley is because it can take a good load you do end up taking far more stuff than necessary and then its not so great . If you kept your gear to only the essentials as you did on this trip then possibly this trolley would make your trip easier. Ive used it to fish from exactly the same spot you were in .

Thanks reevsey! Just explained a bit more to Tony above. I'm not sure what trolley John has, and Bob has the same one but with twin wheels. Both of them were suffering a bit of 'sinkage'! Trying not to spend too much money as I don't get out that often, and it's another thing to find storage for as we don't have a garage or anything. Anything related to Fishing is often dearer! The 'wheelie box' above folds down flat to about 2" thick, so goes in my 'man cave' AKA our tiny back bedroom, and we do have a small garden shed where the sack trucks live, but it's a pain in the arse to get them out as they are at the back behind the lawnmower & much other gardening stuff.

Thanks reevsey! Just explained a bit more to Tony above. I'm not sure what trolley John has, and Bob has the same one but with twin wheels. Both of them were suffering a bit of 'sinkage'! Trying not to spend too much money as I don't get out that often, and it's another thing to find storage for as we don't have a garage or anything. Anything related to Fishing is often dearer! The 'wheelie box' above folds down flat to about 2" thick, so goes in my 'man cave' AKA our tiny back bedroom, and we do have a small garden shed where the sack trucks live, but it's a pain in the arse to get them out as they are at the back behind the lawnmower & much other gardening stuff.
Lovely report mate glad you got some fish I will come down your way for a meet up at some point maybe when the big whitening show up on the south hams and when I do I’ll carry you gear for you mate ??????

Both of them were suffering a bit of 'sinkage'!
Don't get any sinkage with the double wheeled one, that's one the reasons I went for the double, don't think John does either, its good on soft sand too, one bonus over the inflatable tyre ones is they solid wheel so cant pop one, tho think you have to go some to pop one the inflatable tyres, plus all for £45 delivered.
Tho like Reevsey says, don't over load them, as you still gotta pull them along.

I’ll carry you gear for you mate
You can carry mine as well
and mine too please :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:

Don't get any sinkage with the double wheeled one, that's one the reasons I went for the double, don't think John does either, its good on soft sand too, one bonus over the inflatable tyre ones is they solid wheel so cant pop one, tho think you have to go some to pop one the inflatable tyres, plus all for £45 delivered.
Tho like Reevsey says, don't over load them, as you still gotta pull them along.

and mine too please :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:
So you know your old when you get wheels for your tackle box ??

Not just yer tackle box :cry::cry::cry::cry:
So you know your old when you get wheels for your tackle box ??
I remember being young and carefree, working on the buildings, running marathons, playing football, head full of hair , buying petrol by the gallon. Talking to a bricklayer who was 60 odd , and him telling me don’t get a tattoo boy it will be with you forever , fat blokes prodding me and saying one day you will have a belly like mine , now I am the old guy saying all these things to you youngsters ????

Looking forward to fishing with you again now the visitors are going home
Be good to all meet up! I'm hoping since the Macker were so late arriving, they'll stay inshore a bit later. As my mate from Salcome used to say "You'm living in Hope & will be buried in Galmpton bey"!

Back