• Becoming a member is completely free!

• Join the community and start contributing to a large source of sea angling information.
    • Become an active member and you can enter member exclusive competitions.

REGISTER FOR FREE HERE

Berkley buy Savage gear.

Trampster

Reaction score
Favourite Fishing
Shore
I confess I initially saw this on the dark side, but had to do some digging to make sense of it. The thread title was the start of it, but it turns out slightly different.

Pure Fishing have bought Svendsen Sport. Pure Fishing own Berkley, and Svendsen Sport is the parent company of Savage gear.
Hence Googling "Berkley buy Savage Gear" came up with nowt.
Love 'em or hate 'em, Pure Fishing are aiming for world domination of the Angling market.

"Svendsen Sport A/S is a leading European supplier of Sports Fishing Tackle. With headquarter close to Copenhagen in Denmark we innovate, develop, market and sell products to a large number of countries in Europe, Asia, Australia, Americas through own sales companies and agents. Our most popular brands are Savage Gear, DAM, Prologic, Quick, Okuma, Scierra, Water Wolf, IMAX, Ron Thompson, MadCat, Effzett. We are more than 180 employees with a sales exceeding 400 million DKK."

I wonder if this has any bearing on the fact I have had a Savage Gear spinning rod on back order from Uttings since December and every time I contact them once the latest delivery date has passed they give me another one, usually another month ahead…..

I wonder if this has any bearing on the fact I have had a Savage Gear spinning rod on back order from Uttings since December and every time I contact them once the latest delivery date has passed they give me another one, usually another month ahead…..
From what I have read, the deal was announced on Feb 1st, but there were rumours around before then. Still no mention of it on the Svendsen website.

Just cancel and get your money back Goat, I can't stand companies that give a delivery date and fail big time.

Just cancel and get your money back Goat, I can't stand companies that give a delivery date and fail big time.
Havnt paid yet.
It was PayPal and as it’s now more than 3 months they said I will have to re authorise them taking it.
I could buy the same rod elsewhere as odd folks have it in stock but I’m counting on Uttings honouring the December price which is £30 or so cheaper than current price at other dealers.
If it never happens with Uttings I’m not too worried as I’ve sort of lost the interest in having a shiny new rod now.

Havnt paid yet.
It was PayPal and as it’s now more than 3 months they said I will have to re authorise them taking it.
I could buy the same rod elsewhere as odd folks have it in stock but I’m counting on Uttings honouring the December price which is £30 or so cheaper than current price at other dealers.
If it never happens with Uttings I’m not too worried as I’ve sort of lost the interest in having a shiny new rod now.
You could always ask shops that have it in stock if they would price match.

You could always ask shops that have it in stock if they would price match.
Thing is now Uttings advertised current price is more than when I ’bought’ back in December. I like your thinking though and always worth a punt for most things.

I had your problem Goatfish,I gave up waiting in the end,I got a spinning rod from Glasgow angling,their prices are quite reasonable mate
Yes Wolf I do get a lot of my stuff from there and often great deals to be had on stuff they are trying to get rid of. My current Okuma spinning rod came from them and I feel is a great rod for the money. I bought an Abu, same length and rating and it’s a horrible floppy thing that never sees the light of day after a couple of outings.

Yes Wolf I do get a lot of my stuff from there and often great deals to be had on stuff they are trying to get rid of. My current Okuma spinning rod came from them and I feel is a great rod for the money. I bought an Abu, same length and rating and it’s a horrible floppy thing that never sees the light of day after a couple of outings.
Which Abu rod did you buy Goaty? I bought an Abu Tormentor from one of the big eBay stores early last year, and pleased as punch with it. Great little rod for the money. 9ft, 20-60gms, and it cost me about £37.

Which Abu rod did you buy Goaty? I bought an Abu Tormentor from one of the big eBay stores early last year, and pleased as punch with it. Great little rod for the money. 9ft, 20-60gms, and it cost me about £37.
It was the Abu Devil, Trampster, like yours 9’ 20 -60 but soft as you like! Probably about thirty squid too from memory …….

It was the Abu Devil, Trampster, like yours 9’ 20 -60 but soft as you like! Probably about thirty squid too from memory …….
Shame it is so soft. I thought the Devil range was above the new Terminators in price. The one you mentioned is £49.95 on the bay of E!

Back