• Becoming a member is completely free!

• Join the community and start contributing to a large source of sea angling information.
    • Become an active member and you can enter member exclusive competitions.

REGISTER FOR FREE HERE

Big Cod

Does he have to roll out the red carpet and put rose petals on the bed :LOL:

On a serious note, does look like Norway might be open to UK anglers soon, they are looking to accept the UK Covid Passport, possibly from next week. I think it will be too late for me, my second jab isn't until the day we are meant to fly and you have to have had it three weeks before departure apparently.
That’s a shame Mike but hopefully we can all get back there next year, fingers crossed ?

On a serious note, does look like Norway might be open to UK anglers soon, they are looking to accept the UK Covid Passport, possibly from next week. I think it will be too late for me, my second jab isn't until the day we are meant to fly and you have to have had it three weeks before departure apparently.
Rather go up jockland on the might Oberon,catch decent cod,ling halibut etc etc.

F
After fishing drinks a hell of a lot cheaper here too.

Too right Warby swally at a good price! The price of good drink'in would make you weep. Down here I can get a really good drop of wine for less than £4 a bottle and decent Belgian beers for very cheap prices even good English beers are pretty cheap all bottled mind. There are places in twon where cask beers are sold but not many where I live... although an Irish guy used to import best English ales for his yearly beer festival... gone out the window with Brexit though :(

Not really sure those words actually fit well together.:unsure:

Aye Jupiler, stella and Leffe are amzin right enough :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: they are very run of the mill Belgian beers . The clue is in the sentence you can get some decent Belgian beers ... you can also get some very ordinary Belgian beers... I can buy half a dozen different what I would call ordinary Belgian beers in my local super market but just occasionally when they do a beer fest you get the extraordinary trappist ones at very very good prices

Aye Jupiler, stella and Leffe are amzin right enough :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: they are very run of the mill Belgian beers . The clue is in the sentence you can get some decent Belgian beers ... you can also get some very ordinary Belgian beers... I can buy half a dozen different what I would call ordinary Belgian beers in my local super market but just occasionally when they do a beer fest you get the extraordinary trappist ones at very very good prices
Used to love bringing a few packs of Amsterdam Navigator back from France - not Belgian but Dutch. Never seen it here. The Navigator is lovely, but the Maximator at 3.6% stronger than @Cfish's Special Brew is bleddy dangerous! Not seen or tried the Black Rum.

Amsterdam beer.png

Used to love bringing a few packs of Amsterdam Navigator back from France - not Belgian but Dutch. Never seen it here. The Navigator is lovely, but the Maximator at 3.6% stronger than @Cfish's Special Brew is bleddy dangerous! Not seen or tried the Black Rum.

View attachment 12609
Mmmmm!!!!! Maximator!!!! Sounds nice!!! Four bottles of maximator or four bottles of cheap wine???

You may know this Mike, but if you had your 1st jab 8 weeks ago you can get your 2nd at a walk-in centre, and they can be found by putting your postcode in here:

Mmmmm!!!!! Maximator!!!! Sounds nice!!! Four bottles of maximator or four bottles of cheap wine???
Comes in cans - not seen bottles. I tried one can but the taste was too strong for me. The Navigator is the same strength as Special Brew but a much nicer taste. Think I've still got 2 cans somewhere from 2 years ago when we were last over there.

You may know this Mike, but if you had your 1st jab 8 weeks ago you can get your 2nd at a walk-in centre, and they can be found by putting your postcode in here:

It is different in Wales at the moment :(

I used to make my own beer had a couple of beer spheres one drinking and the other maturing normally around 5 or 6 %. Anyway there was a hiccup in the production routine and I ran out after three pints of the last sphere on a Saturday night after the footy. I goes out to the cellar and finds some barley wine I had made three or four months earlier brought in two pint bottles thinks I snaffle these... drank the two and then woke up the next morning :ROFLMAO: checked the strength later in the day 14% nae wonder a was pished:ROFLMAO: Treated that stuff with the utmost respect after that more often than not made up a happy day with it to cut the strength a bit but even at that it came out at about 9 or 10 percent .

Back