• Becoming a member is completely free!

• Join the community and start contributing to a large source of sea angling information.
    • Become an active member and you can enter member exclusive competitions.

REGISTER FOR FREE HERE

North East Bloody freezing and a few fish

I met up with my mate Dan at midnight at the Middleton pier. The walk on was a bit dodgy as the remaining bits of snow was turning to slush. The wind had dropped down to about 20mph but still northerly and bitterly cold. The sea conditions looked good not to heavy with lazy swells.we got to the end and there was three lads already on who told us it was very slow going. They left about 1am with just a few whiting. We fished on the rod tips just showing little taps now and again.i decided to try one of my squid and cart wraps and wallop the rod tip went nuts codling it has to be.
And it was weighing in at 3lb 9oz there'sView attachment 18572View attachment 18573 Mondays tea sorted. I kept two whiting for the dogs. Dan kept six whiting for fishcakes. No more cod and the bites died off it got to 5am and we gave up. I couldn't feel my fingers every time I baited up and Dan was doing the fisherman's dance to keep warm. The walk back to the car was treacherous the slush had turned to ice. The thermometer on the dash said -4°. Sorry for lack of pics but it was to cold for me messing about with my phone. Well I'm off to bed now to put my cold feet on custards back ?.
We’ll done on the codling. You’re definitely putting in the work mate. ?

Im not that abled bodied I'm 52 and a little over weight I think I felt the cold more due to being on blood thinners for life mate just got to wrap up well? and look for easy accessable marks to fish.
That Warfarin shite sure makes you feel the Cold!

Nice Codling Stevie, well deserved!

Im not that abled bodied I'm 52 and a little over weight I think I felt the cold more due to being on blood thinners for life mate just got to wrap up well? and look for easy accessable marks to fish.
12 years older than thee! Heart & Lung Meds Ramapril, Apixaban, Adizem, Carbocisteine & Allopurinol, some twice daily. Get short of breath going from me favourite chair to the Loo! Chest /Breathing can't handle the cold Air.

When i was your age i never felt the cold but if i fished in that weather now i think it would be my lot . Well done on the fish you deserve to catch .

Back