• Becoming a member is completely free!

• Join the community and start contributing to a large source of sea angling information.
    • Become an active member and you can enter member exclusive competitions.

REGISTER FOR FREE HERE

Blue fin Tuna sighted off Chichester in Solent

Coxy

Reaction score
Favourite Fishing
Boat
Many will recall the 400lb Blue Fin Tuna that was washed up in Chichester Harbour this year. It was in fresh condition & no sign of damage. Picture on Neville Merrit's site https://www.boat-angling.co.uk/category/catch-reports-2020/

I believe this to be true (given the source) & the - A Blue Fin Tuna was seen chasing bait fish off not far off Chichester where we often get dolphins on the feed. Apparently - it came out of the water twice and could no be mistaken. It was described as "big as a van". Anyone else get the report.

Last January - a commercial long liner friend - had juvenile Albacore on his line only a mile or so off the entrance in same area.

Wish I had not sold my Dad's Hardy Fortuna reel now !

28.5 stone of muscle. If I was to hook one of those it'd drag me straight in. The sea is getting to be a dangerous place. There's a report on the BBC this morning of three rogue orca attacking boats along the Atlantic coast as well. Best stay on dry land I say.

Lots of them have been sighted off Cornwall. Someone fishing a big live bait for Bass & Pollock swears he hooked one in the last few days. Nearly took his rod overboard, and it was still spooling line off a fairly big reel with the drag locked up as far as it would go! Snapped the trace after a short while.

Lots of them have been sighted off Cornwall. Someone fishing a big live bait for Bass & Pollock swears he hooked one in the last few days. Nearly took his rod overboard, and it was still spooling line off a fairly big reel with the drag locked up as far as it would go! Snapped the trace after a short while.
It's happend alot mate!!!!!

Its alright for you west country boys - its a novelty for those fishing not far out in the Eastern Solent. I think quite a lot seen further out & heard the same about hook ups . Its really exciting & I can see "catch & release" charters for this down your way & elsewhere.

Tight lines.

Its alright for you west country boys - its a novelty for those fishing not far out in the Eastern Solent. I think quite a lot seen further out & heard the same about hook ups . Its really exciting & I can see "catch & release" charters for this down your way & elsewhere.

Tight lines.
I think there are a few people campaigning for a catch & release/tagging policy Coxy, but it will be quite a while before (if) it happens. Until then, still illegal to target them.

I think there are a few people campaigning for a catch & release/tagging policy Coxy, but it will be quite a while before (if) it happens. Until then, still illegal to target them.
Too many people doing it illegally are going to fek it up, sharking will be banned when tuna are around for this reason,everyone claiming "accidental" tuna by catch whilst sharking!!!!! Bollox! I've seen boats who have never gone sharking suddenly do alot of sharking this year!!!!!!!

I have heard this is as well. Always the minority who F... it up for the majority.

The French will be demanding special fishing rights to go for them next
Theyve allready found dead tuna with line trailing,yes alot of this is genuinely accidental!!!! But a dead tuna with a tailing rope attached????

Back