• Becoming a member is completely free!

• Join the community and start contributing to a large source of sea angling information.
    • Become an active member and you can enter member exclusive competitions.

REGISTER FOR FREE HERE

North East Bobbing about on the boat

Stevie69

Reaction score
Favourite Fishing
Shore
Set off this morning at 7am down to Skinning Grove got there for 7.30 mates boat is a machine 20 knots all the way there. The fishing was very slow again no mackeral caught which is strange because there's been reports of a few been caught. Loads of small codling around a pound and a half and a few small whiting and pouting.The biggest I had today was a 4lb codling whooopeee one for the pan. Kept 2 around two pound for the dogs tea they love fish. It was a cracking day with the sun belting down on us but a chilly north westerly breeze never died off till around 2pm.when the wind dropped I had lil codling after lil codling 15 in a row all around two pound but all released and returned till a huge seal showed up bigger than last weeks and it went dead so we set off back in to the harbour. I didn't take any pics of the fish not worth taking in my option but took a few on the way in the tanker we passed was massive. IMG_20210612_154111.jpgIMG_20210612_154006.jpgIMG_20210612_154119.jpg

Set off this morning at 7am down to Skinning Grove got there for 7.30 mates boat is a machine 20 knots all the way there. The fishing was very slow again no mackeral caught which is strange because there's been reports of a few been caught. Loads of small codling around a pound and a half and a few small whiting and pouting.The biggest I had today was a 4lb codling whooopeee one for the pan. Kept 2 around two pound for the dogs tea they love fish. It was a cracking day with the sun belting down on us but a chilly north westerly breeze never died off till around 2pm.when the wind dropped I had lil codling after lil codling 15 in a row all around two pound but all released and returned till a huge seal showed up bigger than last weeks and it went dead so we set off back in to the harbour. I didn't take any pics of the fish not worth taking in my option but took a few on the way in the tanker we passed was massive. View attachment 10423View attachment 10424View attachment 10425
Hi if that's your massive Tanker? it's a Dredger https://www.vesselfinder.com/vessels/HEORTNESSE-IMO-7817189-MMSI-232004106
Tankers we get down here they'd use that as the Life boat!

Always nice to be bobbing about on a boat in pleasant weather. ?️?

Back