• Becoming a member is completely free!

• Join the community and start contributing to a large source of sea angling information.
    • Become an active member and you can enter member exclusive competitions.

REGISTER FOR FREE HERE

South Coast Boscombe Pier 17 June

cap'nhaddock

Reaction score
Favourite Fishing
Shore
As the forecast was for strong breeze and rain I thought a flat fish quest at Boscombe would be the best choice of venue, there is protection from the weather and a good chance of various flat fish.

There was a boat carrying out survey work, probably for the Doris scheme

survey.jpg

It was slack water over high so there was no current and weed in the water, after a couple of hours the tide picked up a little and the bites started, first fish, a Sole no. 19, the first of four. As it got dark the Plaice started to feed so another species added, no. 20, I had three in total.

Other people caught a tiny Turbot, Sole and a few Black Bream

It's a decent summer evening venue if the weather is iffy, you can park free close by after 5pm and no one bothers to collect any fishing fees, the pier shuts at 11pm

Well done on the two new fish, have read that its a good place for flatties. Doing well with 20 under your belt???

Well done on the two new fish, have read that its a good place for flatties. Doing well with 20 under your belt???

It is a good spot, I've had sole, flounder, plaice, dab, turbot and brill there. good for rays too.
As for the twenty, I have to do better, I have to catch Goateeeblank's score on the other side's forum by the end of the month.

Like many things it's about the combination of experience, research and putting the hours (and miles) in.

Like many things it's about the combination of experience, research and putting the hours (and miles) in.
Plus it gets harder to find other species after you have had quite a few. Think I need to start doing a lot more miles.

Back