• Becoming a member is completely free!

• Join the community and start contributing to a large source of sea angling information.
    • Become an active member and you can enter member exclusive competitions.

REGISTER FOR FREE HERE

South East Boys last chance - Pett Level 09/09

ouchthathurt

Reaction score
Favourite Fishing
Shore
With the isolation period over after testing positive for covid, and the boys imminent return to Wales and their mother for another term, tonight was the last night that my boy and I could catch something that he could eat. We drew a blank on mackerel when he tried, and as other catch reports have demonstrated, it’s been an eel fest off the beaches the last few weeks. Last nights thunderstorms left me feeling like there was a chance of a bass as my local mark does throw up a few after a storm, so I packed the car and the boy and hit the road. We only had a lil frozen joey for bait, so I broke out the lug pump and got to work. Low water was for around 2015, and we were set up and cast out for 1900. 2 hook clipped down rigs with lug cast at various ranges from the shore. For the first 2hrs, it was utterly dead, the sea was flat calm with barely a ripple, not even the usual eels showed up. As the tide started to flood in good and proper, I had a massive slack liner, requiring frantic reeling while running backwards to regain contact. A spirited scrap in the darkness produced what we had been aiming for all along, a lovely bass! Boy was absolutely buzzing! Mission accomplished, we fished on for another hour to see if boy could manage one, but unfortunately he blanked. Not that he cared, he was happy enough to see one finally beached! Roll on October half term now. ECAC8EFF-D216-478B-8890-3BF7F2B93C6A.jpeg

Nice one Ouchy! Well done on the Bass, and shame your little fishng partners have to go back to Welsh Wales.

Nice one Matt, good on ya. (y)

Ian.

Back