• Becoming a member is completely free!

• Join the community and start contributing to a large source of sea angling information.
    • Become an active member and you can enter member exclusive competitions.

REGISTER FOR FREE HERE

South West Branscombe

bananas

Reaction score
After being given a load of rag from Trampster after last Fridays failed attempt at Beesands I thought about trying Branscombe, then seeing Tatunka Joes report sealed that thought..
Was a busy old beach with sun bathers but I found a spot away from most of them, I soon saw a soggy black dog running up the beach followed by Tat, who was down taking the waters with his family. After a good catch up I got the rods in the water and sat back waiting for the fish to throw themselves at me, well it didn't quite happen like that, just over an hour later and I had a nice tap on the tip and a Dogfish was on the beach quickly followed by another, then another, was getting worried that this was going to be the way for the rest of the session but they soon moved off.
Was just getting to high tide and feeling a bit chilly, just got my head through my smock and I sees a slack liner, ooh ooh could it be!, wasn't a great deal of weight behind it but a good few head bangs gave me the thought that it could be the target for tonight, not much of a fight at all on the way in, well till he decided to try and swim up the stream that flows out there, not having that, a good yank and a small Smooth-hound was on the beach, lots a pics with him not wanting to pose, didn't weigh him as he was just sizeable and he shot off soon as he was in the water, think he buggered off to tell his mates to avoid this bit a beach as bar another Dogfish I was bite less till the end of the session.
Around 11ish I decided to call it a day and drag me gear back to the car, not a fish filled session but was nice to get my target all but a small one.

They all count. Nicely done chap ??

After being given a load of rag from Trampster after last Fridays failed attempt at Beesands I thought about trying Branscombe, then seeing Tatunka Joes report sealed that thought..
Was a busy old beach with sun bathers but I found a spot away from most of them, I soon saw a soggy black dog running up the beach followed by Tat, who was down taking the waters with his family. After a good catch up I got the rods in the water and sat back waiting for the fish to throw themselves at me, well it didn't quite happen like that, just over an hour later and I had a nice tap on the tip and a Dogfish was on the beach quickly followed by another, then another, was getting worried that this was going to be the way for the rest of the session but they soon moved off.
Was just getting to high tide and feeling a bit chilly, just got my head through my smock and I sees a slack liner, ooh ooh could it be!, wasn't a great deal of weight behind it but a good few head bangs gave me the thought that it could be the target for tonight, not much of a fight at all on the way in, well till he decided to try and swim up the stream that flows out there, not having that, a good yank and a small Smooth-hound was on the beach, lots a pics with him not wanting to pose, didn't weigh him as he was just sizeable and he shot off soon as he was in the water, think he buggered off to tell his mates to avoid this bit a beach as bar another Dogfish I was bite less till the end of the session.
Around 11ish I decided to call it a day and drag me gear back to the car, not a fish filled session but was nice to get my target all but a small one.
Great report Bob! ?? Glad the rest of those worms did you more good than they did me at Beesands!

Back