• Becoming a member is completely free!

• Join the community and start contributing to a large source of sea angling information.
    • Become an active member and you can enter member exclusive competitions.

REGISTER FOR FREE HERE

Budget Reel

I'd get an Aerlex xsb or xtb 10000, can be had on occasion around £60 ish, think usual price is £70.

Or an Okuma Surf 8000.
Thanks Bacon! Aerlex a bit out of my current price range if I'm going to 'tide' myself over & save for a Shimano or Penn. There are some reasonable at the moment up for auction on the 'bay, but I've sat around like a pigeon on a post for 2 weeks watching Shimano's & Penn's - had enough of that game. Not sure if the Okuma surf 8000 is the same as the Okuma Big ELC 8000 I was looking at? Spoke to the tackle store and 2 people have now said the Mitchell is the better made reel of the two, so I'll probably go with that. ??
your Plymouth? Meant to be that way then?
News to me! Keep me informed, but whether I can get out fishing or not depends on reels and how me poorly foot is. Been doing a lot of Hopping this week! Will certainly try to get out & say 'Ello if poss!

Thanks Bacon! Aerlex a bit out of my current price range if I'm going to 'tide' myself over & save for a Shimano or Penn. There are some reasonable at the moment up for auction on the 'bay, but I've sat around like a pigeon on a post for 2 weeks watching Shimano's & Penn's - had enough of that game. Not sure if the Okuma surf 8000 is the same as the Okuma Big ELC 8000 I was looking at? Spoke to the tackle store and 2 people have now said the Mitchell is the better made reel of the two, so I'll probably go with that. ??

News to me! Keep me informed, but whether I can get out fishing or not depends on reels and how me poorly foot is. Been doing a lot of Hopping this week! Will certainly try to get out & say 'Ello if poss!
Well if you want one of the reels let me know by tomorrow!

Haha! Unlucky 13. As I mentioned in post #13, I was going to look in on this relatively new tackle stall in the local pannier market. Shopping list: Bunch of grip leads, big spool of Mono line, a couple of new rigs this guy has been raving about, and have a look at any reels he may have. Paid to park, and fitted the usual face covering. Went into the market, wandered around the outside edge, went up & down the middle aisles - no tackle shop that I could see. Spotted a female security person so asked her. After a delay (she was foreign) "Ah, shop is this way, you follow". Great.

Well she found the stall. Curtains all around it. Closed, with a sign on the canvas saying "Gone Guiding, back tomorrow". Not amused doesn't quite cut it. He's a good guy but his bread & butter is guiding & teaching other anglers. I think if he's off doing that, he should have someone covering the stall. No phone number unfortunately. Enough Waffle - I've bitten the bullet & ordered the Mitchell RZ 8000 - had to make a decision as it was the last one. If there is something going on Friday, just hope it gets here in time!
re in time!

Two totally different reels ELC is is sub bargain basement.The 8K is far higher.
but if you want to rip/tear balls off this is it.https://www.anglingdirect.co.uk/okuma-trio-rex-salt-txs-60-fd-reel
Have one plus spare spools great reel theres some lower ones blue and gold there same nearly

Well if you want one of the reels let me know by tomorrow!

Thanks Tourno! We were posting at the same time! I've just ordered the Mitchell so hopefully it will be here for Friday, but if you read my last post, I'll have to try a 2nd time to get some line & other bits. Still not seen anything about Friday or the weekend - fell free to PM me if you know more than I do! (y) (y)

Haha! Unlucky 13. As I mentioned in post #13, I was going to look in on this relatively new tackle stall in the local pannier market. Shopping list: Bunch of grip leads, big spool of Mono line, a couple of new rigs this guy has been raving about, and have a look at any reels he may have. Paid to park, and fitted the usual face covering. Went into the market, wandered around the outside edge, went up & down the middle aisles - no tackle shop that I could see. Spotted a female security person so asked her. After a delay (she was foreign) "Ah, shop is this way, you follow". Great.

Well she found the stall. Curtains all around it. Closed, with a sign on the canvas saying "Gone Guiding, back tomorrow". Not amused doesn't quite cut it. He's a good guy but his bread & butter is guiding & teaching other anglers. I think if he's off doing that, he should have someone covering the stall. No phone number unfortunately. Enough Waffle - I've bitten the bullet & ordered the Mitchell RZ 8000 - had to make a decision as it was the last one. If there is something going on Friday, just hope it gets here in time!
re in time!

Mitchells a muff buster clone they filter down from penn. old muff buster is the Agility

Back