• Becoming a member is completely free!

• Join the community and start contributing to a large source of sea angling information.
    • Become an active member and you can enter member exclusive competitions.

REGISTER FOR FREE HERE

Casting reel down

Jonah

Reaction score
Favourite Fishing
Shore
Anybody any solutions to the self harm style cuts you get on the side of your right wrist when casting reel down?

Slash your left wrist up a bit with a sharp pointy thing? :unsure: Will give you kudos with your mates when you tell them the missus is into bondage and such?
But what sort of distance have you got from reel to first ring and what type and size is it? You might see if you could get one that knocks the loops down better or bring it down towards reel a bit if too long, or a higher stand off?
You can just use tape to position first ring, then move it around or try others first until you get it right.
I just fish reel up myself, never seen any advantage? and find the retrieve easier.

Slash your left wrist up a bit with a sharp pointy thing? :unsure: Will give you kudos with your mates when you tell them the missus is into bondage and such?
But what sort of distance have you got from reel to first ring and what type and size is it? You might see if you could get one that knocks the loops down better or bring it down towards reel a bit if too long, or a higher stand off?
You can just use tape to position first ring, then move it around or try others first until you get it right.
I just fish reel up myself, never seen any advantage? and find the retrieve easier.

jonah has some new toys hullcity

i think hes struggling to use em to be fair :sneaky::sneaky:

Ha. Noticed that these cut me more than the mag2’s. Maybe cos I had no taperer leaders so it has a fucking baloon knot for the knot?

Also, the struggle is real. ?

Ha. Noticed that these cut me more than the mag2’s. Maybe cos I had no taperer leaders so it has a fucking baloon knot for the knot?

Also, the struggle is real. ?

learn to tie a proper knot then tubby :)

i know its a struggle with them there fat fingers n all that :)

Aahhh! I came on again 'cos I thought his distance reel to first ring might be too short? and was going to suggest he try casting off a reducer but looks like you nailed it buddy! (y)

Aahhh! I came on again 'cos I thought his distance reel to first ring might be too short? and was going to suggest he try casting off a reducer but looks like you nailed it buddy! (y)
Lol

Distance to first ring is length of butt section nearly to about 6ft+. First ring is a bit small but didnt have as much ‘slicing’ with my older reels. Ill just make shift an arm protector. ?

Just tape a bit bigger ring on further towards your reel to see if it calms the loops down a bit? Worth a try?

Just tape a bit bigger ring on further towards your reel to see if it calms the loops down a bit? Worth a try?

hes on multis mate, its just one of them things he will have to man up about
few scratches on his arms will be the least of his deformities ? ? ?

Lol

Distance to first ring is length of butt section nearly to about 6ft+. First ring is a bit small but didnt have as much ‘slicing’ with my older reels. Ill just make shift an arm protector. ?

just use your wrist support ( you know, the one you use to batter the bratwurst)
1608568126951.png always said you was a limp wristed w4nker :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Slight change in the position of your top grip will cure the 'self harm' marks.

keep the wrist area covered. i used to used a 6"stretchy tube grip type medical bandage when casting a lot on the field in practice, tend to use long sleeve tops now.

If your leader knot is to big as you say trying using a different knot to reduce the size I find using the blob knot I use it for a 50 or 60lb shock leader works well.

Back