• Becoming a member is completely free!

• Join the community and start contributing to a large source of sea angling information.
    • Become an active member and you can enter member exclusive competitions.

REGISTER FOR FREE HERE

Casting reel down

Never suffered from it with multiplier or fixed spool, braid or mono. Tapered leaders with mono on my multipliers and level braid leaders on fixed spool. Stick another ring in there say about 30 mm no larger and move it down the rod until you get the line under control properly. Probably about 36" from the reel is a good starting point.

Up or down do you think?

Now I think about it I recon I have shortened the length between recently.
Left or right. So as the line does not catch up.
Only needs to be a fraction.

If there is an answer i’d to know know about it. The misses always moans when i get home and my wrist looks like butchers finest.

I have some tapered leaders on order so I'm going to tie one onto one reel and see if that one slices me or not - If problem solved then I can change the other.

I'll have a look at hand placement and see if I can rotate without affecting how I 'cast' - If you can call it that! :ROFLMAO:

How you cast ????

well

there’s a video worth watching
Ps
Merry Christmas tubby
See you on the sand when you grow a pair and step away from the easy marks

How you cast ????

well

there’s a video worth watching
Ps
Merry Christmas tubby
See you on the sand when you grow a pair and step away from the easy marks

Merry Christmas ‘shorty’ ?

Anybody any solutions to the self harm style cuts you get on the side of your right wrist when casting reel down?
Simples Sergi, use multipliers o_O Then cast reel up.
Or cast left handed then have a matching pair.

I do use multipliers. No egg beaters here pal ?

Reel up just feels wrong.
I use multi's 95% of the time and always reel up either beach casting or spinning. Only egg beaters for lrf or mullet fishing.

Back