• Becoming a member is completely free!

• Join the community and start contributing to a large source of sea angling information.
    • View the website advertisement free.
    • Become an active member and you can enter member exclusive competitions.

REGISTER FOR FREE HERE

catch reports ?

grinner

Reaction score
Favourite Fishing
Shore
Seems to be a bit slow in the catch report section of the forum obviously down to the current restrictions in place at the moment how many people live close enough to the coastline to be able to actually get a few hours in fishing ?

j willson

Reaction score
Favourite Fishing
Shore
i am about 3 mile from tidal river so could walk it , but fishing there not good next place is 15 miles which is worth fishing ,5 miles more and i could take my boat out :love:.

Beach

Top Poster Of Month
Reaction score
Favourite Fishing
Shore
I am unable to go fishing at the mo as anywhere is too far away. :(

Cfish

Reaction score
Seems to be a bit slow in the catch report section of the forum obviously down to the current restrictions in place at the moment how many people live close enough to the coastline to be able to actually get a few hours in fishing ?
If I don't think it's worth it I won't bother. I might put a pulley block in the rock so I can longline out my window!IMG_20200622_045026.jpg

Trampster

Reaction score
As @John Mitchell says, we are OK for places to fish here, but a) being Covid high risk, I'm doing as asked & staying at home, and b) health issues have not been good over recent months, and the freezing cold air badly affects my breathing, so not been out. Busy sorting tackle & buying stuff to make rigs in the hope that I will have been vaccinated and feel up to getting out in a few months time.

Mike

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Favourite Fishing
Boat
About four miles away, I could walk it with the lure gear. I'm actually trying to cram as much work in and get as many jobs done as possible ready for when things ease up so I can make the most of the time come the Spring.

That's the theory anyway.

Craig

Reaction score
I'm about 45 mins from the nearest beach and currently have tendonitis (since Nov last year) so fishing is off the cards right now. Hope to be able to finally hit the beach again in the next few months if my situation improves though.

grinner

Reaction score
Favourite Fishing
Shore
As @John Mitchell says, we are OK for places to fish here, but a) being Covid high risk, I'm doing as asked & staying at home, and b) health issues have not been good over recent months, and the freezing cold air badly affects my breathing, so not been out. Busy sorting tackle & buying stuff to make rigs in the hope that I will have been vaccinated and feel up to getting out in a few months time.
my mates not keen on fishing locally lol we usually travel most weekends all through these lockdowns he's done some serious retail therapy lol preparing for the up and coming trips away I've been told I don't need to get anything he's got enough for the both of us what a good lad 👍👍👍

grinner

Reaction score
Favourite Fishing
Shore
About four miles away, I could walk it with the lure gear. I'm actually trying to cram as much work in and get as many jobs done as possible ready for when things ease up so I can make the most of the time come the Spring.

That's the theory anyway.
realistically think we are looking at Spring for any changes fingers crossed no longer 🤞

grinner

Reaction score
Favourite Fishing
Shore
I'm about 45 mins from the nearest beach and currently have tendonitis (since Nov last year) so fishing is off the cards right now. Hope to be able to finally hit the beach again in the next few months if my situation improves though.
speedy recovery pal👍

Plaicehunter

Reaction score
Favourite Fishing
Lure
I live in central Plymouth and can walk to various Tamar shore spots, Plymouth Sound marks such as West Hoe pier and my boat in Stonehouse Pool. The fishing is a bit patchy at present, but I'm having fun float-fishing for mackerel from the pier and have had a few boat trips in the river, catching whiting and conger. Just making the best of it till the bass and gilts arrive in late spring. PH

Eddie t

Reaction score
Favourite Fishing
Shore
I am looking at going out this weekend well busy at work so never really had time to get out. Only live 5 minutes from the coast
and some cracking beach's. Stay safe fella's....

Hopefully have something to report.....😂😂

Thrasher

Reaction score
Not close enough to anywhere useful to fish, nearest would be a tidal river mark for flounder but time of year and the amount of fresh coming downstream not likely to be of any use. About 11 miles would get me to a sandy beach.
About 25 miles would get me to the flat rock at balcary.