• Becoming a member is completely free!

• Join the community and start contributing to a large source of sea angling information.
    • View the website advertisement free.
    • Become an active member and you can enter member exclusive competitions.

REGISTER FOR FREE HERE

catch reports ?

Shirleycodlin

Staff member
Reaction score
I'm literally a cast away from the beach but I need warmer weather and an onshore breeze to warrant going, plus it's dark when I get in and the rules say no overnight fishing.
I know an hour or two into darkness is not over night but I'm too short fused to argue the toss with a jobs worth.

stan m

Reaction score
I`m roughly 1,700 miles from the good shore fishing, bonito and bluefish / cuda off the rocks in FV. Last time I fished the shore in UK you could take a good few double figure cod from the Clyde in a day. Tackle of the moment was the Abu Atlantic 484 and an Intrepid Sea streak.

Plaicehunter

Reaction score
Favourite Fishing
Lure
I`m roughly 1,700 miles from the good shore fishing, bonito and bluefish / cuda off the rocks in FV. Last time I fished the shore in UK you could take a good few double figure cod from the Clyde in a day. Tackle of the moment was the Abu Atlantic 484 and an Intrepid Sea streak.
Like many people, I had a 484 in the 60s, but mine was paired with a narrow-spooled Penn Squidder. It had a simple but effective air brake system but the plastic spools tended to blow up. We used to call the Sea Streak the Sea Shriek due to its distinctive noise when casting. I also used a Mitchell 602AP. I wonder how modern anglers would cope with a multi with no brakes? PH

Mr Fish

Reaction score
Favourite Fishing
Shore
I’m a mile from the sea but just not been out recently.
Obviously walkable but I’d drive within 5 miles or so, wouldn’t go much further. Would drive the mile anyway, as easier to transport kit and clothing!

And it would most likely be after dark, as I don’t equate a few hours after dark as ‘overnight’, plus there’s nothing in the ‘guidelines’ (🙄) that says when you should take your daily exercise.

All that said, just not been out since before lockdown. Partly tides or weather not being right at the weekend and partly laziness, it’s got to be said!
And a lot of my winter fishing would be up channel, minehead, mid channel reefs etc and clearly that would be taking the pee.

But I will go at some point and report. Maybe even this weekend!

Dutchman

Reaction score
Favourite Fishing
Lure
Caravan is 60 miles away with all my tackle there and only a couple hundred yards from beach, and plenty of locations.
Could maybe fish Dee estuary area at closest 12 miles away.
Site shut at present due to Covid and don't know when be open.
May be also be limited to travel for the next 18 weeks due to treatment needed.
So unsure of a catch report from me.

Thrasher

Reaction score

Mickthesheep

Reaction score
Favourite Fishing
Shore
About 17 miles from Norfolk coast so too far, have been practicing my casting in nearby field achieving about 100yds. 5oz lead covered with a taped on tennis ball ( it’s called shielding ).Havnt caught anything yet!

Timbc2

Reaction score
Favourite Fishing
Shore
I'm an hours drive away form the nearest coastal fishing but even before the latest lock down I wasn't fishing because we were tier 3 and we were advised not to travel into other areas unless it was essential. My last fishing trip was December and that was the first session for ages because of the previous restrictions we'd had but it was a good session and thoroughly blew the cobwebs off with a 40+lb tope.

Seabob

Reaction score
Favourite Fishing
Boat
About 17 miles from Norfolk coast so too far, have been practicing my casting in nearby field achieving about 100yds. 5oz lead covered with a taped on tennis ball ( it’s called shielding ).Havnt caught anything yet!
Nice one, now you just need to cast a further 16 miles 1660 yards and your there 😆

Seabob

Reaction score
Favourite Fishing
Boat
Had one hover at eye level outside my window last summer,I pointed the end of a metal pipe at it and it flew off!!!

Should have shot it down. Isn’t it a shame that each time something new is invented humans immediately find a way to mis use it. Hey ho.

Tatunka joe

Reaction score
I’m 15 mins from local beach haven’t been out cause works manic and I was just waiting for things to calm down in my neck of the woods but off out sat afternoon chaseing Huss and wrasse and will put a report up regardless of the sesh