• Becoming a member is completely free!

• Join the community and start contributing to a large source of sea angling information.
    • Become an active member and you can enter member exclusive competitions.

REGISTER FOR FREE HERE

?

i am about 3 mile from tidal river so could walk it , but fishing there not good next place is 15 miles which is worth fishing ,5 miles more and i could take my boat out :love:.

I live within a fair size section I can fish from plenty of variety, from the open coast to three river estuaries so plenty for us in Plymouth

I am unable to go fishing at the mo as anywhere is too far away. :(

Seems to be a bit slow in the catch report section of the forum obviously down to the current restrictions in place at the moment how many people live close enough to the coastline to be able to actually get a few hours in fishing ?
If I don't think it's worth it I won't bother. I might put a pulley block in the rock so I can longline out my window!IMG_20200622_045026.jpg

As @John Mitchell says, we are OK for places to fish here, but a) being Covid high risk, I'm doing as asked & staying at home, and b) health issues have not been good over recent months, and the freezing cold air badly affects my breathing, so not been out. Busy sorting tackle & buying stuff to make rigs in the hope that I will have been vaccinated and feel up to getting out in a few months time.

About four miles away, I could walk it with the lure gear. I'm actually trying to cram as much work in and get as many jobs done as possible ready for when things ease up so I can make the most of the time come the Spring.

That's the theory anyway.

I'm about 45 mins from the nearest beach and currently have tendonitis (since Nov last year) so fishing is off the cards right now. Hope to be able to finally hit the beach again in the next few months if my situation improves though.

Seems to be a bit slow in the catch report section of the forum obviously down to the current restrictions in place at the moment how many people live close enough to the coastline to be able to actually get a few hours in fishing ?
I live in central Plymouth and can walk to various Tamar shore spots, Plymouth Sound marks such as West Hoe pier and my boat in Stonehouse Pool. The fishing is a bit patchy at present, but I'm having fun float-fishing for mackerel from the pier and have had a few boat trips in the river, catching whiting and conger. Just making the best of it till the bass and gilts arrive in late spring. PH

I am looking at going out this weekend well busy at work so never really had time to get out. Only live 5 minutes from the coast
and some cracking beach's. Stay safe fella's....

Hopefully have something to report.....??

Not close enough to anywhere useful to fish, nearest would be a tidal river mark for flounder but time of year and the amount of fresh coming downstream not likely to be of any use. About 11 miles would get me to a sandy beach.
About 25 miles would get me to the flat rock at balcary.

I'm literally a cast away from the beach but I need warmer weather and an onshore breeze to warrant going, plus it's dark when I get in and the rules say no overnight fishing.
I know an hour or two into darkness is not over night but I'm too short fused to argue the toss with a jobs worth.

I`m roughly 1,700 miles from the good shore fishing, bonito and bluefish / cuda off the rocks in FV. Last time I fished the shore in UK you could take a good few double figure cod from the Clyde in a day. Tackle of the moment was the Abu Atlantic 484 and an Intrepid Sea streak.

I`m roughly 1,700 miles from the good shore fishing, bonito and bluefish / cuda off the rocks in FV. Last time I fished the shore in UK you could take a good few double figure cod from the Clyde in a day. Tackle of the moment was the Abu Atlantic 484 and an Intrepid Sea streak.
Like many people, I had a 484 in the 60s, but mine was paired with a narrow-spooled Penn Squidder. It had a simple but effective air brake system but the plastic spools tended to blow up. We used to call the Sea Streak the Sea Shriek due to its distinctive noise when casting. I also used a Mitchell 602AP. I wonder how modern anglers would cope with a multi with no brakes? PH

I’m a mile from the sea but just not been out recently.
Obviously walkable but I’d drive within 5 miles or so, wouldn’t go much further. Would drive the mile anyway, as easier to transport kit and clothing!

And it would most likely be after dark, as I don’t equate a few hours after dark as ‘overnight’, plus there’s nothing in the ‘guidelines’ (?) that says when you should take your daily exercise.

All that said, just not been out since before lockdown. Partly tides or weather not being right at the weekend and partly laziness, it’s got to be said!
And a lot of my winter fishing would be up channel, minehead, mid channel reefs etc and clearly that would be taking the pee.

But I will go at some point and report. Maybe even this weekend!

Caravan is 60 miles away with all my tackle there and only a couple hundred yards from beach, and plenty of locations.
Could maybe fish Dee estuary area at closest 12 miles away.
Site shut at present due to Covid and don't know when be open.
May be also be limited to travel for the next 18 weeks due to treatment needed.
So unsure of a catch report from me.

Back