• Becoming a member is completely free!

• Join the community and start contributing to a large source of sea angling information.
    • Become an active member and you can enter member exclusive competitions.

REGISTER FOR FREE HERE

Chesil beach.

Minstrelblue

Reaction score
Favourite Fishing
Shore
If holidays can go on this year, my lad wants to solo stop off at chesil beach at the beginning of may while en route to a holiday let in Devon we booked, and he wants to have a dangle with his lure rod.
I can't advise him as I'm a terrible lure angler with bags of blanks , he's a novice angler with enthusiasm so if you have any lure dangling advice/ methods) lures etc to pass on to that may help him I'd be obliged.
Ta.

as you say he's a novice get him macky bashing first off... couple feathers nd 2/3oz weight . or 2 feathers above a Dexter/toby should get some action in right conditions

or if he's using a beach rod then more weight but depends on tackle he using ... not sure why typing in bold can't change it lol

Chesil is a big old place, first few times going with bait or lure can be a bit daunting. If your lad wants to just show up and see what happens then agree with the other suggestions: Tobys, Dexters, Seekers. All cheap metals that will catch mackerel and bass of they're about and you can cast them into a bit of wind. Personally I'd just fish the lure straight through.

If he wants more lures he should go into chesil bait and tackle and explain what he wants to do, they'll almost certainly give him some advice on a lure or two to buy for the venue.

Yes I've warned him about the dangers of chesil. He's used to being with me sussing out North Cornwall marks and has learnt to observe and be vigilant to swells. He's got some seekers and Dexter's plus a couple of half decent lures. He just fancied stopping off on route for a thrash and see what turns up.
When we get settled we have plans to visit Seaton angling to get bait and have a proper go thereabouts if the weather's half decent

I Chisal and got hammered by a 16oz - lateral thinking and bored.

Hi anyone can help off to chesel next week for 4 days can u pay for 3 nights parking there please any info would be great full thanks

Back