• Becoming a member is completely free!

• Join the community and start contributing to a large source of sea angling information.
    • Become an active member and you can enter member exclusive competitions.

REGISTER FOR FREE HERE

Chillcheater

Thrasher

Reaction score
Favourite Fishing
Shore
Does anyone own a Chillcheater jacket or smock? Thinking of investing in one and wondering what owners views were?

I've got one, light, durable and totally waterproof. Not cheap but you get what you pay for. Had mine for around 5 years, its beginning to let a few drops in around the neck zip due to the rubber cracking but it's defo repairable as it's only on the zip. Easily the best waterproofs I've ever owned.

Does anyone own a Chillcheater jacket or smock? Thinking of investing in one and wondering what owners views were?

i have the jacket waterproof yes in any weather 8 hours +. warm ok just add layers in winter hood not thought out , too small no peak , pockets flaps same size as pockets so when it rains pockets get wet , sleeves when it rains rain wicks back up them so i have had a wet arm . could do with a belt on it . front poppers on jacket too small a fiddly a pain in cold weather .

i have the jacket waterproof yes in any weather 8 hours +. warm ok just add layers in winter hood not thought out , too small no peak , pockets flaps same size as pockets so when it rains pockets get wet , sleeves when it rains rain wicks back up them so i have had a wet arm . could do with a belt on it . front poppers on jacket too small a fiddly a pain in cold weather .
Would you buy another?

I can't remember which size I chose? But it fits me OK. I do put a few thinner layers on underneath. It's nice and lightweight, fairly breathable at well, I don't sweat in it as much as other jackets I've owned.

Awesome bit of kit.Would recommend wiping it down after a session, if wet I wipe it over removing excess water hang on van passenger headrest aim heater vents at so it drys on the way home then I turn it inside out and hang it up in the house to air it out.
Quick tip for boot's in cold weather place standing up in footwell turn heaters on aiming down boot's warm up on the way to your mark then hold them in front of dash vents temp right up on full wack 30sec toasty toes to start the session now that's luxury.

Awesome bit of kit.Would recommend wiping it down after a session, if wet I wipe it over removing excess water hang on van passenger headrest aim heater vents at so it drys on the way home then I turn it inside out and hang it up in the house to air it out.
Quick tip for boot's in cold weather place standing up in footwell turn heaters on aiming down boot's warm up on the way to your mark then hold them in front of dash vents temp right up on full wack 30sec toasty toes to start the session now that's luxury.
What is it you have kaiih, jacket or smock?

Back