• Becoming a member is completely free!

• Join the community and start contributing to a large source of sea angling information.
    • Become an active member and you can enter member exclusive competitions.

REGISTER FOR FREE HERE

Cost of fishing

Funny really, but I have found that since the cod disappeared, the cost of my fishing has plummeted. So much so, I can now do 4 weeks a year in Norway as opposed to 2.

Back when the unicorn's came in to graze, I would do up to 5 trips a week in search of them.

Well before you start talking about the happiness involved in shelling out exorbitant figures for a days happiness fishing have a thought for poor unfortunates who are going to be saying food or heating week in week out... not that I am in that category but I feel for them.
Kind of neither here nor there though? If you can afford the occasional fishing trip, or to spend extra cash on whatever hobby/luxury you choose, do so.

I’m afraid I don’t see the point sat around agonising over people you don’t know or can’t help.
Unless you want to donate your spare cash to a charity, or volunteer some time to help out.

Not saying you should do that, but imo the plight of the unfortunates has no relevance to whether you spend your money on fuel to go fishing, if you want to of course.

Back