• Becoming a member is completely free!

• Join the community and start contributing to a large source of sea angling information.
    • Become an active member and you can enter member exclusive competitions.

REGISTER FOR FREE HERE

Notice Covid Announcement and update

Not sure if any south coast people saw south today on the bbc last night but a guy on there was fined £200 for fishing after dusk on hayling island some forces seem to apply the rules differently
Pete

Not sure if any south coast people saw south today on the bbc last night but a guy on there was fined £200 for fishing after dusk on hayling island some forces seem to apply the rules differently
Pete
How far had he travelled?

Pete
I haven’t been out yet although we’re lucky around here with plenty of out of the way marks.

I’m not rushing to go but if I want to go, I will. Just with a bit of common sense, stay very local, go out of the way/out of sight, and just for a few hours.
Which is pretty much a normal session here anyway.

Problem with the south coast for many is all the beaches are just right there by the road/car park and it takes the police seconds to check who is about.
Around here, no one would even know where I was and coppers are pretty rare anyway.

Problem with the south coast for many is all the beaches are just right there by the road/car park and it takes the police seconds to check who is about.
Around here, no one would even know where I was and coppers are pretty rare anyway.
I'm guessing you must be fairly close to my Sister - she's been living a bit west of Barnstaple for many years! Jeepy is long overdue for a trip to the North coast - Covid has put a stop to it for the foreseeable.

I'm guessing you must be fairly close to my Sister - she's been living a bit west of Barnstaple for many years! Jeepy is long overdue for a trip to the North coast - Covid has put a stop to it for the foreseeable.
We’re just good friends! ?

Yep, reasonably close, although I’m north of Barnstaple and five minutes from the sea ?

I might even know who she is, who knows?

We’re just good friends! ?

Yep, reasonably close, although I’m north of Barnstaple and five minutes from the sea ?

I might even know who she is, who knows?
She is part of the "Wilde" bunch! She left school and moved up that way to work as a Nanny for the guy that used to own the chain of Jean Jeanie denim shops about 40 years ago. He had a fair amount of dosh! Anyway, she got married, has 2 lovely grown up kids, and never came back to the South Coast! Shame cos she's a real good 'un.

She is part of the "Wilde" bunch! She left school and moved up that way to work as a Nanny for the guy that used to own the chain of Jean Jeanie denim shops about 40 years ago. He had a fair amount of dosh! Anyway, she got married, has 2 lovely grown up kids, and never came back to the South Coast! Shame cos she's a real good 'un.
The Wilde bunch? Don’t know that one? Heard of Jean Jeanie, just!

The stopped all but 5 bus services here, 30 bus drivers tested positive and 25+ are shielding.
Yep, read that in the news, a bit of a clobbering.

I can see us having our lockdown extended to the end of February and we may get that announced today and unless they change the terms we would still be allowed to fish.
I think in England recreation may be further curbed as they are unhappy with the obvious number of cases but also the number of people out and about exercising, it just looks bad.
Just my hunch by what is being said.

There was a bit of a shock down here yesterday. The TV news announced that the rise in infection rates around Newquay in Cornwall is now equivalent to the situation in London. Not good news since the Cornwall rates have been relatively low, and it makes me wonder whether in part, it is down to the number of people that were said to be flocking down to 2nd homes over Christmas. Until people adhere to the advice and stop moving around the country, the situation will continue. Where possible, stay home, save lives.

Yep, read that in the news, a bit of a clobbering.

I can see us having our lockdown extended to the end of February and we may get that announced today and unless they change the terms we would still be allowed to fish.
I think in England recreation may be further curbed as they are unhappy with the obvious number of cases but also the number of people out and about exercising, it just looks bad.
Just my hunch by what is being said.
Well it seems as though we have had a further tightening in a few areas.

Back