• Becoming a member is completely free!

• Join the community and start contributing to a large source of sea angling information.
    • Become an active member and you can enter member exclusive competitions.

REGISTER FOR FREE HERE

Covid Announcement and update

Shirleycodlin

I am the god of hell fire
Staff member
Reaction score
1609879010593.png

Update:

Last edited:
Thanks for that. I seriously disagree with government actions like this on the grounds that they are ineffective E.g. I have no human contact when I take my boat out Fish in the sea. I live alone, drive alone, fish alone, eat the fish alone. The risk of a car or boat malfunction needing assistance is minuscule. I pose almost no threat (Unlike children attending school). However, I respect the law and will dutifully maintain house arrest Until told otherwise. NB I am not an epidemiologist so I have no valuable opinion.

Covid-19 Lockdown Newsflash​

06 January 2021
Following yesterday’s written communication from the Cabinet Office that fishing is to be prohibited throughout the third national lockdown period we contacted supportive MPs and highlighted the problems with this decision and the logic behind it, with a view to securing a safe return to angling as soon as possible. Late this evening I was informed by DCMS officials that the Government are again reconsidering their position.
It would appear that the definition of “exercise” may well be wider than the previous ‘running, walking, cycling’ and we have insisted that the Government recognise both the physical health and mental wellbeing benefits of angling in any decision they make. We strongly believe that exercise should not simply be limited to high impact, aerobic activities which the first lockdown proved led to many in society being left without the means to maintain an active lifestyle. The Government has heard our case loud and clear and it was repeated with some force by MP’s in this afternoons commons debate. We hope that they will now acknowledge, as they have before, that fishing is part of the solution and not part of the problem.
We are expecting to see the publication of revised guidance and supporting FAQ’s from the Government tomorrow. We will immediately share these with the angling community the moment they become available. We are working as hard as we can for our members and the sport we all love and when we know more so will you.
This is incredibly frustrating for all of us. Anglers have acted with huge credit throughout this period and I thank you for your support.
Please stay safe
Jamie
Jamie Cook
CEO – Angling Trust

Problem is freshwater or sea most anglers have to travel and alot think traveling together is ok, being a bailiff i have been witnessing this right the way through, my area is in shropshire and get anglers traveling from miles away in cars together to come and fish when they have probably been past 20 other venues to get ours, being a carp water most of these anglers stop over night and go to our local shops to get supplies of food and use our onsite toilet facilities. in other words they are dumb feck heads who either dont understand or dont give a shit must fish at all costs anglers, they make my piss boil. if they could be trusted to do it safely then great but unlike most of us on here they dont.
If any anglers turn up from now on from further than 20 radius i am going to kick them off, its not upto me to police it in that way and im sure the shits going to hit the fan a few times but had enough it now.

Let's hope that people will follow the rules and not travel to distant Mark's, keep local and safe,
I would read that it's walking distance.

And by that actually "walking" from your house to the location, as exercise, not driving as that would defeat the definition.

Is travelling alone in a hermetically sealed car a danger then? Seems very odd but it has been like that all the way through. You can’t replace common-sense with I’ll-considered rules. That never works.

:unsure: Will have to get the AT to try and fight my case to get the caravan parks back open so i can be near the sea, considering i am contributing thousands to the local economy there.;);)
And could make a very strong case that i could exercise and have better health there!

Seems like after those two ladies got fined for being 5 miles outside for exercise the government have changed there stance and now travel limitations have been lifted , so it looks like we can go fishing .006.jpg

Seems like after those two ladies got fined for being 5 miles outside for exercise the government have changed there stance and now travel limitations have been lifted , so it looks like we can go fishing .View attachment 3734
Don't think that applies in Wales, it's walk/exercise from your home.

Seen somewhere the police stopped people from playing in the snow.

New rules in England re fishing wef 7 January . Must be local (so I cannot go to my boat) and in accordance with mixing rules. Now fishing my local river for a bit of sanity. Look up Angling Trust for full info.

“Cabinet Office have now officially confirmed that angling / fishing (incl. sea fishing off private boats, water sports) can be considered exercise and are hence permitted.”
  • The exercise is limited to once a day so no overnight fishing whatsoever.
  • To remain within the law you should follow the Government’s guidance, and only fish locally within the district where you live. If you have no local fishing available then you will have to take your daily exercise in other ways.

Back