• Becoming a member is completely free!

• Join the community and start contributing to a large source of sea angling information.
    • Become an active member and you can enter member exclusive competitions.

REGISTER FOR FREE HERE

Covid Announcement and update

To be honest i dont know if you can go fishing or not , what i,ll do is just stay at home till all this covid business is over .
The May 2021 local elections have been cancelled, so I guess we are under house arrest until after May. This is a preplanned action. It is good to see them thinking ahead; just don’t like the timescales.

The local elections have been delayed for 2 reasons. the first is the common law state of Purdah "The purdah period typically begins six weeks before the scheduled election," . Elections are due on 6th May and so this takes us back to 25th March. If the state cannot guarantee in the period between then & 6th May that there will be unencumbered local elections - they have to postpone. So the Second is the realistic time that people can go & vote safely.

The key here is that they do not think we will be unrestricted by 25th March

New rules in England re fishing wef 7 January . Must be local (so I cannot go to my boat) and in accordance with mixing rules. Now fishing my local river for a bit of sanity. Look up Angling Trust for full info.

“Cabinet Office have now officially confirmed that angling / fishing (incl. sea fishing off private boats, water sports) can be considered exercise and are hence permitted.”
  • The exercise is limited to once a day so no overnight fishing whatsoever.
  • To remain within the law you should follow the Government’s guidance, and only fish locally within the district where you live. If you have no local fishing available then you will have to take your daily exercise in other ways.
Yet government advice is still saying ‘your town, village or part of the city where you live’.

I appreciate the AT trying to be helpful but there are still different versions of advice out there.

And ‘overnight’ is a different thing to ‘at night’ ie a couple of hours after dark.
Staying away from home overnight is not permitted but the exercise guidance does not stipulate when in 24 hours you must take your exercise.

Not nitpicking the rules, I’ll use common sense and go for short local trips, day or night, but just pointing out there are still conflicting and unclear versions out there.

Yet government advice is still saying ‘your town, village or part of the city where you live’.

I appreciate the AT trying to be helpful but there are still different versions of advice out there.

And ‘overnight’ is a different thing to ‘at night’ ie a couple of hours after dark.
Staying away from home overnight is not permitted but the exercise guidance does not stipulate when in 24 hours you must take your exercise.

Not nitpicking the rules, I’ll use common sense and go for short local trips, day or night, but just pointing out there are still conflicting and unclear versions out there.
Sorry, I replied and then realised this was the boat thread lol.

Comments above still stand but obviously night time isn’t going to be as relevant to boat anglers I’d assume?

"no over night fishing" is different from "no fishing at night". Basically its stopping the likes of carp anglers bivvying up by a lake and thus staying in their "second home" ?overnight.

Sorry, I replied and then realised this was the boat thread lol.

Comments above still stand but obviously night time isn’t going to be as relevant to boat anglers I’d assume?
It refers to everybody, shore or boat. Stay local - simples.

I am just isolating, staying at home and in my garden. No way I am going where there are loads of peeps.

I am just isolating, staying at home and in my garden. No way I am going where there are loads of peeps.
No peeps where I go ?

Mind you, not been out yet, but maybe tomorrow, I really do need some exercise!

Never mind all the infections and deaths the AT says it is ok to carry on fishing.

No peeps where I go ?

Mind you, not been out yet, but maybe tomorrow, I really do need some exercise!
Agree. Must get out for a walk - I need to inspect a local fishing possibility! Meanwhile, Wifey is still not too well so muggins here will have to break lockdown later to replenish essential supplies. I'm out of Tomatoes - the food of life! :love::love:

Back