• Becoming a member is completely free!

• Join the community and start contributing to a large source of sea angling information.
    • Become an active member and you can enter member exclusive competitions.

REGISTER FOR FREE HERE

Daiwa 7HT Millionaire Mag ST

wingnut55

Top Poster Of Month
Reaction score
Favourite Fishing
Shore
Just ordered a pair of Daiwa 7HT Millionaire Mag ST's, cant believe you still have to get Pinion support sleeves for these reels, how much would it cost for Daiwa to sort a simple problem out, feck me the ST's cost enough. :(

Ian.

It's a no brainer. Get the Blakdog ones and grease them up lighty with a artist's paint brush and Penn/Yamaha blue grease. Why Daiwa don't add them / engineer a solution is one of life's many mysteries...

It's a no brainer. Get the Blakdog ones and grease them up lighty with a artist's paint brush and Penn/Yamaha blue grease. Why Daiwa don't add them / engineer a solution is one of life's many mysteries...
Ordered a couple of Blakdog ones today. But as you say, Daiwa should have sorted this problem out ages ago.

Ian.

will have a look
"look" being the operative word at 400 notes a chuck.Will stick with my pair of 7HT Mags.Think they will see me out.Hardly get used these days(not that they were used much in the first place) after the switch to fixed spool due to RA.Even the fixed spools are not getting used these days,what a waste.?

Last edited:
"look" being the operative word at 400 notes a chuck.Will stick with my pair of 7HT Mags.Think they will see me out.Hardly get used these days(not that they were used much in the first place) after the switch to fixed spool due to RA.Even the fixed spools are not getting used these days, what a waste.?
Its nice to have good gear and good gear costs money, if you dont go fishing then any gear is a waste of money . Some folks buy a nice car or a nice house so isn't that a waste of money . Its up to each person what they spend their money on

Its nice to have good gear and good gear costs money, if you dont go fishing then any gear is a waste of money .
Totally agree with you.But when I bought them I was able to get out onto the beach then health issues took over.Can still manage it occasionally and it's nice to have quality gear to do it with.No qualms about people who buy top end gear and are able to put it to good use.But the STs are a bit outside my price range.Do not know if there's much difference performance wise between the Mags and the STs as I've never used the STs but price wise there's a couple of hundred quid.When I bought the Mags from Hedon Angling when they were trading they cost me £260 for the pair.I only went in for bait but they were a bargain at that price compared with anywhere else at the time so bagged a couple,had to go to a cash machine round the corner on the high street as they wouldn't take a card,cash only at that price.I still have decent rods that can hold their own against the modern day equivalent be it Century or Zziplex or whatever.Do not begrudge anybody buying whatever gear they want it's their choice.But as I said "Look" was the operative word in my case.(y)

Last edited:
I must admit to splashing out on gear just lately, but like i have said before, i don't drink, smoke or gamble, so in my old age, i have decided to treat myself for once. And fishing is my only pleasure in life, apart from my partner Karen, and our Molly. :)

Ian.

i don't drink, smoke or gamble,
Ditto.But I can't justify any further outlay on gear that is not going to be used.Will make do with what i've got (Abu,Daiwa,Shimano Greys,Imax) which is quite serviceable for the times I can get onto the beach.Have considered getting shut of some gear but not got round to it yet.Have a load of top notch Carp gear that is not getting used including 3xRod Hutchinson The Legend 13ft 3 1/2lb TC 3xCenturys 3x Daiwa Amorphous Whisker and 3x3 Shimano Super Baitrunners.2x3 10000 XTEAs and 1 x3 8000 GTEBs Must have a clearout.

Last edited:
Reels just arrived. Looking forward to trying them out. ? ? :)

Ian.Daiwa 7HT Mag ST 1.jpgDaiwa 7HT Mag ST 2.jpg

Firmly a fixed spool user, but I really like the multiplier as a piece of engineering.
I am the complete opposite, never even picked up a Fixed Spool reel, cut my teeth on a Mitchell 600p, (which i still have) then had a pair of Daiwa 6HM's that i converted myself, superb reels.:)

Ian.

Last edited:
Postman has just delivered the pinion supports i ordered from Blakdog. (y)

Ian.

Back