• Becoming a member is completely free!

• Join the community and start contributing to a large source of sea angling information.
    • Become an active member and you can enter member exclusive competitions.

REGISTER FOR FREE HERE

Dartmouth Boat butty

chewitt

Reaction score
Favourite Fishing
Boat
Hi Guys
Looking for a Boat Butty in the Dartmouth /Torbay area preferably with local knowledge. I have 2010 Arvor 230AS Dartmouth and fished the Skerries successfully up until late October. Having fished the Skerries for 30 years on charter boats. I just love drift fishing for plaice. It's a 24 foot boat with plenty of deck space and roomy cabin. I take her out single handed as but now looking to make life a little easier and lighten the load with a butty and possibly hunt down some Bream & Bass with a bit of local knowledge.

Just reply if you are interested

Rob

Attachments

• d7.JPG
    d7.JPG
    43.5 KB · Views: 7
That's a good offer from Rob. I'd offer some help as not too far away, but my fishing knowledge of Dartmouth & Torbay is zero. Might be tempted though if there was a free Butty involved! ??

Nice plaice and in the second pic some lovely bacon and is that a sole at the bottom of the frame?

Yeah! not Lemon Sole but a rare Taffy Soul and a bit tough to chew on(y)

Plenty around last year nothing over 3.2lbs but on light gear the 2lb fish can be good fun. Even hooked a double figure Blonde Ray on a 6lb test rod and 15lb braid with a Aberdeen fine wire. Took me 30 minutes to get it up 30 foot to the side of the boat, took my time as I was hoping it was a Turbot! a real knee trembler;)

Hi Guys
Looking for a Boat Butty in the Dartmouth /Torbay area preferably with local knowledge. I have 2010 Arvor 230AS Dartmouth and fished the Skerries successfully up until late October. Having fished the Skerries for 30 years on charter boats. I just love drift fishing for plaice. It's a 24 foot boat with plenty of deck space and roomy cabin. I take her out single handed as but now looking to make life a little easier and lighten the load with a butty and possibly hunt down some Bream & Bass with a bit of local knowledge.

Just reply if you are interested

Rob

Hi Rob ........... there are both Bream and Bass on the Skerries ! ............. we fish the Skerries from Teignmouth, so a 45 min run for us.

There are also Plaice to 4lb+ if you know exactly where to fish !

We had a Turbot last year that was just over 5lb, a few blonds, a few Small eyed, and just one spotted Ray

We sometimes go into Dartmouth for lunch, I moor up on the pontoon by the lower ferry and then 'leg it' up the town to the chip shop :cool:

I have probably seen you out there. It will soon be Plaice time again !

Hi Rob ........... there are both Bream and Bass on the Skerries ! ............. we fish the Skerries from Teignmouth, so a 45 min run for us.

There are also Plaice to 4lb+ if you know exactly where to fish !

We had a Turbot last year that was just over 5lb, a few blonds, a few Small eyed, and just one spotted Ray

We sometimes go into Dartmouth for lunch, I moor up on the pontoon by the lower ferry and then 'leg it' up the town to the chip shop :cool:

I have probably seen you out there. It will soon be Plaice time again !

Thanks for the message and Advice really appreciate it. I would be grateful for any marks or tips you were willing to give but I appreciate they can be a closely guarded secret. if you are happy too drop me a PM or when you out next give me a shout over the Radio. The Boat's name is A Quiet Plaice
Thanks again for your help, as you say it will soon be time again (y) If it had not been for Lockdown this weekend I would have been out there.

Cheers Rob

Thanks for the message and Advice really appreciate it. I would be grateful for any marks or tips you were willing to give but I appreciate they can be a closely guarded secret. if you are happy too drop me a PM or when you out next give me a shout over the Radio. The Boat's name is A Quiet Plaice
Thanks again for your help, as you say it will soon be time again (y) If it had not been for Lockdown this weekend I would have been out there.

Cheers Rob

Yesterday would have been a good day, but way too much east in the wind today, so you haven't missed much.

The current sea conditions on the skerries are 2m swell @6.1 secs, so there will be a lot of white water !

It is one on the few marks that you can drift for 3 miles and still be on the mark and still catching.

Early last summer we were out there and as we were motoring back to the outer edge of the banks for anther drift a Guy on an Arvor (about 50m to our port beam) asked us how it was going, however, my hearing isn't what it used to be (grandson told me what he said), I just waved and kept on going. Sorry if it was you, I should have come in closer for a chat.

You might remember .......... my boat (Bluefin) is a Ribcraft Professional 585 with blue / Grey tubes, and a Merc 150. I usually have 8 rods, 4 each side of the A frame. We also have AIS, which is always on.

Here is the Turbot that Kyle (gandson) landed ...........

Turbot.JPG

Last edited:
Back