• Becoming a member is completely free!

• Join the community and start contributing to a large source of sea angling information.
    • Become an active member and you can enter member exclusive competitions.

REGISTER FOR FREE HERE

DIY lures

Years ago i made some out of a spoon, to fish a reservoir as a spinner.
Used the handle for a long type and the bowl end for another.
Drilled each end fitted rings and hook one side and swivel the other.
Very effective in catching.

Please tell me more about this hot foiling gear? Is it like the samson over wraps /lure skins? Can you recommend where you get it and what it costs ? I've a load of lures I want to refinish! Cheers

Please tell me more about this hot foiling gear? Is it like the samson over wraps /lure skins? Can you recommend where you get it and what it costs ? I've a load of lures I want to refinish! Cheers

You could use a travel iron if you have one.

And you need to protect the foil and lure from direct heat of the iron, the 2mm should be fine.

There are lots of foils to choose from, the one in my pic is silver tides holo, they are advertised as nail foils.

I dont get a perfect finish but after a bit of practice and a few melted lures you should be doing ok..

maybe similar to the ones Durex make ;)

Wrap yourself up in one Beach, cut off the spare and I'll put the micro iron on:cool:
Tut tut time to act your age if that's ever possible :ROFLMAO:

It's taken you the best part of a week to think that up??? Must be desperately short of things to do - try going fishing mate, it's a great hobby
Maybe you should try that as well, as I have to stay local and you think you are above everyone else go forth and multiply.

Maybe you should try that as well, as I have to stay local and you think you are above everyone else go forth and multiply.
:ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: get a hold of yersel lad and stop sounding like a thumb sucker! Certainly don't think I'm above anyone else, but maybe, just perhaps a bit sharper than you on this thread - you know the one where I asked a real question and you came in with drivel? Play nicely or expect the same back

This was an ayu pattern that I never had a touch on, thinking it will fair better now on clear calm days.
20210405_133142.jpg

Back